Why SJW's are so demented.

What's Hot
breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
Not sure of the validity of PJW's theory but it made me chuckle anyway.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'd like to know why they all wear such fugly spectacles
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    hahahahahha... Aids Skrillex.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I bet they have really hairy fannies.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3401
    I bet they have really hairy fannies.
    Even the blokes.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    http://canyounot.org/

^ yup... this is what they believe.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    I'm happy to say I don't know what a SJW is.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29046
    The "S" is straw-man. Not sure about the J or W though.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Social Justice Warrior. Someone who believes in intersectionality and the progressive stack. Big fans of censorship and viewpoint nullification through a clever system of gates and logic designed to silence straight people, white people, and male people.
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    Social Justice Warrior. Someone who believes in intersectionality and the progressive stack. Big fans of censorship and viewpoint nullification through a clever system of gates and logic designed to silence straight people, white people, and male people.
    I don't know what "intersectionality and the progressive stack" is either :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    I don't know what "intersectionality and the progressive stack" is either :)
    Intersectionality is the idea that various facets of a person interconnect to create levels of advantage, disadvantage, discrimination, and privilege.

The progressive stack is kind of like a checksheet for privilege. By their logic a brown lesbian lawyer earning $1M a year is less privileged than a straight white male working as a taxi-driver.

The whole thing is nonsensical. But academics can convince each other (and stupid children) of almost anything.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    @monquixote this is what a SJW looks like ;)

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I'm guessing this is the kind of thing I don't have to worry about because I don't use social media. 
    tFB Trader
    To be honest I was hoping it was going to be more along the lines of a PBJ or a BLT
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    By their logic a brown lesbian lawyer earning $1M a year is less privileged than a straight white male working as a taxi-driver.
    The above is like saying that BMI is worthless because it paints a professional rugby forward as less healthy than a bedridden anorexic, ignoring that it wasn't intended to be applied to either.

All systems break down at their extremes - hence the "S" in SJW is "straw-man", because it's just another ad-hominem favoured by right wing straight white men afraid of equality. ;)

See how easy it is to belittle those with whom you disagree?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    Drew_fx said:
    By their logic a brown lesbian lawyer earning $1M a year is less privileged than a straight white male working as a taxi-driver.
    The above is like saying that BMI is worthless because it paints a professional rugby forward as less healthy than a bedridden anorexic, ignoring that it wasn't intended to be applied to either.

All systems break down at their extremes - hence the "S" in SJW is "straw-man", because it's just another ad-hominem favoured by right wing straight white men afraid of equality. ;)

Sorry but you're wrong, know nothing about which you speak, and are merely responding in a defensive condescending tone because you feel threatened by differences of opinion.

I didn't invent any of this stuff. I just understand it, because I've researched it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_stack
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

The fact is, much like modern day Greenpeace, modern day social justice is a pretty pathetic version of itself. It has been taken over by tantrumous children who respect nothing but their own feelings and their tribal nature. It concerns itself with the petty crimes of an all-connected 24/7 blogospheric Western-centric world which we all live in, and completely ignores real and legitimate breaches of justice all around the world.

I will fight it till the bitter end, take no fucking prisoners whatsoever.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27035
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    Drew_fx said:

That's all well and good, and I tend to agree with you in most cases; however, most SJW-types genuinely do believe that solely by being white, male and straight we are more privileged than anybody else. The fact that we haven't leveraged that to get to the top rung of society's ladder is a mark of our failure, not an indicator that we might've been less-privileged.

It's really rather silly.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Drew_fx said:

I didn't invent any of this stuff. I just understand it, because I've researched it.
    You CAN research stuff but still not understand it. The research is necessary but not sufficient for the understanding ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    I like cheese ;)
    Drew_fx said:
    Sorry but you're wrong, know nothing about which you speak, and are merely responding in a defensive condescending tone because you feel threatened by differences of opinion.

:))

TL:DR for you - "In social psychologynaïve realism is the human tendency to believe that we see the world around us objectively, and that people who disagree with us must be uninformed, irrational, or biased. "
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom