Did you get one? - Carpe Diem available in the UK - if you're quick

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    At least Dan and Mick can play
    I'd rather watch them than the Tone King any day of the week.
    The most expensive gear in the world mauled by his giant clumsy tone less meat gloves
    I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    No, I agree as I do like the show... Learnt loads from it to be honest...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Cabicular said:
    At least Dan and Mick can play
    I'd rather watch them than the Tone King any day of the week.
    The most expensive gear in the world mauled by his giant clumsy tone less meat gloves
    I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it ...

Love that expression "toneless meat gloves" and it suits the tone king perfectly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    TPS does a wonderful job of balancing enthusiasm with information. Providing ease of access to the carpe diem and celebrating some of these smaller builders, such as the thorpy offer not so long back, help to promote everyone in the long run. After all, these videos display the G2, which is an important base for demonstrating similar pedals without tone loss associated with pedals in series. I am hoping that the promise of Simon from Kingsley appearing on the show may mean him bringing a suitcase load of his pedals uploaded to the TPS website, avoiding all the import problems and costs. Gigrig already sell pedals on their site, a decent and dependable home for high quality pedals. The special editions on TPS are fun and deserved considering the time, production, and knowledge put into each show. Surely the boys deserve a treat for their hard work?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
    So was it just @tone1 , @digitalkettle and me from here that went for one? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3309
    @TimmyO Thanks for the tip-off!
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    Will be interested to hear your thoughts guys
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    @TimmyO
    Yep I went for one, thanks (I think)
    My playing is a bit stale and have fancied one for a while...must be mad for the price but I enjoy Mick and Dan :)
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    To me, the "That pedal show" edition and branding adds no value to a pedal. I think it just shows that a couple of geeky guitar guys on YouTube like the pedal and that I'm probably just as geeky too.

Wonder if anyone went for them because they're "special edition"...
    For me, it's not the branding as such... It's the exposure...

Once a pedal is featured and 'raved' about, it often becomes very hard to find in the UK. Very powerful stuff, and shows how the market can be influenced (even unintentially).

Anyone got theirs yet?

Mine appears to have been signed-for at the missus' work but then gone missing :-/ And now I'm away til the weekend 
    Red ones are better. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    Mine came today...not tried it yet, but it looks ace :)
    Got it yesterday...put it on the board and had a play...then out to rehearsal tonight.

I was blown away at living room levels...loads of fun. Needs dialling-in for the band.

First impressions: I seem to have it in 'classic' setting with the 'solo' voicing engaged...this is not adjustable so I'd have thought you'd still need to boost to solo levels. Bass rolled off a bit 'cause there's plenty. The 'hotrod' mode is a bit nuts ;) I like the idea of bass/treble gain controls.
    TimmyO said:
    Anyone got theirs yet?

Mine appears to have been signed-for at the missus' work but then gone missing :-/ And now I'm away til the weekend 
    Uh-oh ;-/
    Reunited with the pedal - had a very quick go today (family are in) - oh my word - in to the Lo input on the JCM800 set clean it fucking rips.

With everything at noon (except volume a bit above):
    In classic mode there's a great clear bite that's fun for light riffing and noodling, then stomp the lead switch and it's a lovely classic rock lead and riffing sound.

In hotrod mode everything is louder, a fair bit more compressed (at those settings) but never wooly, and doesn't clean up nearly as much with the volume control, it gets less loud and less compressed (which kind of makes it sound a bit brighter to me as you roll back the guitar volume)

Based on a 10 minute noodle I can see me using and liking Classic mode - but plenty more experimenting to be done. 

Whereas in to the clean (and I stress clean here, the SD-1 sings when the amp is already a bit grittier) 800 my SD-1 sounds a bit flat, and the guv'nor sounds great, this sounded fucking huge fun right off the bat. It's a very 'ear catching' sound if that makes sense. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • How are people feeling about these a month on? Anticipating the next TPS sale on them, but £200 is a lot of cash for something I've never seen in real life.

How does it compare to other pedals? The SL Drive seems like a good contender for a similar spot on my board.
    I've not A/B'd it with anything fancy - but my impression remains that there's something about it (either eq emphasis, harmonics, whatever) that make it really stand out as a great rock sound. 

There will almost certainly be ways to get the sound or very close to it for less - probably stacking a couple of things
    Red ones are better. 
    I do fancy buying one of these if they ever become available.
    A Facebook friend ordered from Brazil and got his that way - it's possible 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Its either one of these or a Kingsley after todays TPS episode. Ahh, my wallet, it weeps.