Any Suhr love?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060

None whatsoever, sorry. The headstock makes me sad. :(
    Me too. They look a bit skinny or something. Although they do an alternative one which I really like but you see very rarely.

When i see a suhr t makes me think of 'I play fusion on Instagram with one of those fancy pedalboard.'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 369
    I have a Pensa Suhr ... Does that count? 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319
    edited August 2018
    I recently traded my Suhr Standard shown further up in this thread for a Suhr Alt T Pro.

Maple neck, Swamp Ash body that has an F hole and it's also chambered and sports 2 X Thornbuckers. On that note, I've just noticed that the 2018 models have their spec showing them with SSV pickups instead. Why Suhr? The SSVs are good but the Thornbuckers are a superior pickup and absolutely fantastic and equally good on clean and overdriven tones.

5 way gives you these very useable selections taking you into Tele, Strat, 335 and even LP territory:-

1) Bridge Humbucker
    2) Bridge Split and Neck Split Combined (more useful than bridge split!)
    3) Bridge Humbucker and Neck Humbucker Combined
    4) Neck Split
    5) Neck Humbucker

I'm loving it so far!

https://i.imgur.com/cLEJbrK.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Kebabkid said:
    I recently traded my Suhr Standard shown further up in this thread for a Suhr Alt T Pro.

Maple neck, Swamp Ash body that has an F hole and it's also chambered and sports 2 X Thornbuckers. On that note, I've just noticed that the 2018 models have their spec showing them with SSV pickups instead. Why Suhr? The SSVs are a good but the Thornbuckers are a superior pickup and absolutely fantastic and equally good on clean and overdriven tones.

5 way gives you these very useable selections taking you into Tele, Strat, 335 and even LP territory:-

1) Bridge Humbucker
    2) Bridge Split and Neck Split Combined (more useful than bridge split!)
    3) Bridge Humbucker and Neck Humbucker Combined
    4) Neck Split
    5) Neck Humbucker

I'm loving it so far!

https://i.imgur.com/cLEJbrK.jpg

Oh no, these are awful guitars, what have you done Cos ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know D. What a mistake we both made ;)

I've been told that apparently, Suhr are not using any artist pickups in non-artist models from 2018. Same goes with MLs in what are now the Classic S Antiques.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am really liking my Alt T Pro. The only complaint I have is that it is not Fender. I only have two electrics. One T style one S style, neither Fender. 
    I take it that if I went Suhr custom I could specify what pickups would go in. I really like the Thornbuckers. At the risk of sounding like I have swallowed the marketing Koolaid they do have a rich harmonic content.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    I've got a Suhr moden set neck, all mahogany, ordered. Will post some photos once I get it.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    Kebabkid said:
    I recently traded my Suhr Standard shown further up in this thread

I saw your old Standard in the shop Cos before I knew you'd traded. Stunning guitar and would have bought it but I fell in love with some thing else. Funny how you just recognise other people's guitars some times
    edited August 2018
    Stevepage said:
    Kebabkid said:
    I recently traded my Suhr Standard shown further up in this thread

I saw your old Standard in the shop Cos before I knew you'd traded. Stunning guitar and would have bought it but I fell in love with some thing else. Funny how you just recognise other people's guitars some times
    Steve, the one you got was lovely and I hope you're enjoying it. 

As nice looking and playing as that Standard was and it was very well spec'd, and on paper, it ticked all my Superstrat needs, I didn't find it tonally pleasing. Even after a pickup change, it was nasal, too modern and just too darn hot! I

The Alt T Pro is just a different beast that covers so much ground really well and I'm enjoying it a lot and it feels more familiar.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Nerine said:

Any Suhr love?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom