Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Year's Eve/Day compo

What's Hot

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    This is my Degas copy of a Gibson Hummingbird, built in the 70's.

Do you mean copy of a guild ?
    Now that you mention it, the headstock does look kind of Guild like.  I've had this guitar since about 1975 and always thought it was a copy of one of Gibsons more plain Hummingbirds, I thought I was told that at the store when I bought it.  I don't know now......, it has a really nice solid wood top and an almost electric guitar neck/action.  Every one of my students that heard it wanted to buy it.  Any more informed input is welcome.....
    A Hummingbird has hummingbirds on the scratchplate like this  http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/ianpdq/172bdabb-f833-42ec-86d6-bf5a0af6f1d7_zps3e201760.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4166
    edited January 2014
  • Do 2 calendars.  Traditional and alt!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited January 2014
    @TTony, can we run this until after the weekend to allow it to get around the non-forum addicts?  @Clarky has some great Vs, and @Octatonic has a lovely Onion - I should know, I've had my hands on it!  These would make great additions to the calendar.
  • And @JohnnyUrq's LP Recording too - It's foxy.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    My personal fave pic of mine. My Rickenbacker 610

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 500
    edited January 2014

Definitely not taken last year, so not eligible unless rules change. 

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    My Wave Guitar project build - I ran a build thread earlier in the year. This used a body design by me, and a rather nice job by Phil at www.guitarbuild.co.uk , who took my plans and made them real, using a lovely 1 piece slab of swamp ash. I used a Wudtone clear satin finishing kit, and can't fault the results from that. The neck is a re-finished one, originally sourced from an old Japanese (Ibanez) built Starfield Altair Classic guitar, but given a new headstock logo. And a very nice instrument it has turned out to be - comfortable to use, very lightweight, and with a really even, lively kind of tone. :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited January 2014
    Probably ineligible cos it's a second photo of the Wave Guitar, but was really chuffed with how the rear contouring, neck joint, and finish on the back of the neck (lightly sanded to 1200 grit, then just a few fine coats of leftover Wudtone from the body) all worked out:

• historyisjunk;119702" said:
    What a fantastic shot, though.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27654

rules, schmules ... 

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Handsome_Chris;119443" said:
    And @JohnnyUrq's LP Recording too - It's foxy.
    Cheers @Handsome_Chris for the kind words. Although I would have had you down for liking the Dark Fire instead.

Chuck up a picture of your Dusk Tiger for good measure as it is growing on folks now it seems.

Normally when people say nice things about it I am looking for the sarcasm and irony smilies as most run away screaming from it. :D

We must be equally as perverse.

• historyisjunk;119702" said:
    Cheers. That's very kind, but please don't think it just came off the camera like that. The photo was OK & what I wanted, but it's been well doctored in Preview & iPhoto. I spot fixed a lot of the background & if I remember right, put the magenta tint up full.
    I originally took it to make into a silkscreen, which I never managed, but I did get it printed up A1 size & the result was surprisingly nice- was a very good printer.
    Glad you like it as an image anyway. (The guitar is mine & no grown ups helped...)
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    edited January 2014

• oddballoddball Frets: 248
    edited January 2014
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    mmmmmmmm "James Trussart Steelcaster Deluxe in Seafoam Green" now that's nice!
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 461
    imageimage
  • historyisjunk;120028" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

historyisjunk;119702" said:Definitely not taken last year, so not eligible unless rules change. 

Cheers. That's very kind, but please don't think it just came off the camera like that. The photo was OK & what I wanted, but it's been well doctored in Preview & iPhoto. I spot fixed a lot of the background & if I remember right, put the magenta tint up full.

I originally took it to make into a silkscreen, which I never managed, but I did get it printed up A1 size & the result was surprisingly nice- was a very good printer.

Glad you like it as an image anyway. (The guitar is mine & no grown ups helped...)
    Fair enough by my books.

I do film photography, so I assume it's all in camera by default :p I don't think that necessarily detracts from your shot - it looks fabulous!