Here's what I'd like from England Football team

What's Hot

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    What I discerned was a disturbing lack of basic skills - trapping a ball, first touch, etc.  How can people get in the national team when they only have one good foot?  

The number of times players were dispossessed by the opposition while they were trying to get the ball onto the "good foot"...  the number of times I bawled at the TV "Turn and shoot!"...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    This is Jonny.
    Jonny won 4 Six Nations titles, including 3 Grand Slams
    Jonny won a World Cup
    Jonny won the Premiership
    Jonny won 2 domestic and 2 European cups
    Jonny won the French league
    Jonny is a CBE and has never been caught up in a drug, drink or prostitute related scandal
    Jonny isn't a racist gambling addicted fuckwit
    Jonny had his body rebuilt several times due to (apparently) career ending injuries
    Jonny epitomises what it is to be English, what it is to show pride, passion and commitment in the name of his country
    Football fans, tell your children about Jonny
    We should all be more like Jonny
    #BeLikeJonny

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4557
    The Drinkwater / Vardy combo won Leicester the league, why not take both of them with you?
  • Here's what I want:-

1) Some fucking goals!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Gassage;1132155" said:
    This is Jonny.

Jonny won 4 Six Nations titles, including 3 Grand Slams

Jonny won a World Cup

Jonny won the Premiership

Jonny won 2 domestic and 2 European cups

Jonny won the French league

Jonny is a CBE and has never been caught up in a drug, drink or prostitute related scandal

Jonny isn't a racist gambling addicted fuckwit

Jonny had his body rebuilt several times due to (apparently) career ending injuries

Jonny epitomises what it is to be English, what it is to show pride, passion and commitment in the name of his country

Football fans, tell your children about Jonny

We should all be more like Jonny

#BeLikeJonny
    This +infinity.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Have to say Jonny had the luxury of playing in and with the best team on the planet-possibly the best team until the all blacks of this generation, the English footballers don't have that luxury.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    The thing about Wilko is that he was driven to succeed to an unbeleivable and possibly disturbing extent. He also didn't earn £20k a week from the age of 8 (I exaggerate, but not much and for effect) and had to succeed by virtue of his own perseverance.

As brilliant as he was, I don't think the degree of single-mindedness he showed was entirely healthy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone see Federers interview post beating some English guy-all the press taking the piss and laughing about the England footy team. What the fuck is that about?

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    lloyd said:
    Anyone see Federers interview post beating some English guy-all the press taking the piss and laughing about the England footy team. What the fuck is that about?
    It's okay, it's only tennis.
    scrumhalf said:
    lloyd said:

It's just endemic in the English press though isn't it? Think things like this doesn't filter through to the players? It's just a small thing, but incident after incident must get to them.

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    lloyd;1132302" said:
    scrumhalf said:

lloyd said:

It's just endemic in the English press though isn't it? Think things like this doesn't filter through to the players? It's just a small thing, but incident after incident must get to them.
    They could counter it by doing better?
    Just a thought.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9794
    edited June 2016
    professorben;1132309" said:
    [quote="lloyd;1132302"]scrumhalf said:

lloyd said:

Just a thought. [/quote]

And the same players seem fine when earning their fortunes week in week out during the proper season
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    lloyd said:
    Have to say Jonny had the luxury of playing in and with the best team on the planet-possibly the best team until the all blacks of this generation, the English footballers don't have that luxury.
    What until 2003? What about the next 12 ys?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    The shame about Jonny was that he got injured after the World Cup win and denied RU the chance to build on it's popularity after the win with him as its figurehead.

As for England - I think we should have a 10 year hiatus were we bypass Russia/Qatar and save the general populace any further heartache and disappointment, by which point we may have a new national sport which we are good at.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    The shame about Jonny was that he got injured after the World Cup win and denied RU the chance to build on it's popularity after the win with him as its figurehead.

As for England - I think we should have a 10 year hiatus were we bypass Russia/Qatar and save the general populace any further heartache and disappointment, by which point we may have a new national sport which we are good at.

We do, its called Rugby
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    preston61 said:

We do, its called Rugby
    I said good at - going out in the group phases in your own World Cup does not constitute being good.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3627

Cricket.
    This is Bobby
    Bobby won 8 Home Nations titles.
    Bobby won a World Cup
    Bobby won the Premiership(First Division) 3 times
    Bobby won a European cup
    Bobby won the Ballon D'or
    Bobby is a CBE and a Knight of the Realm has never been caught up in a drug, drink or prostitute related scandal
    Bobby isn't a racist gambling addicted fuckwit
    Bobby scored 49 times for England in 109 appearances from midfield.
    Bobby epitomises what it is to be English, what it is to show pride, passion and commitment in the name of his country
    Football fans, tell your children about Bobby
    We should all be more like Sir Bobby Charlton

Sorry, couldn't resist : >
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    lloyd said:
    What until 2003? What about the next 12 ys?
    I don't think he hit the heights post WC that he did previous, but you couldn't expect any 10 to, anyway the point was that to be the best in team sports generally you need a bloody good team around you, not decent pro's.

Not a pissing contest or a denigration of Jesus' talents and achievements-2nd best Fly half ever.

lloyd;1132302" said:
    scrumhalf said:

lloyd said:

Just a thought.
    I agree, but it's just re-iterating my point that I think that a small part of why you bollocks up tournament football is little things like this.