SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Finally Sold! Carr Slant 6V 1x12 combo.

What's Hot
WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
edited March 2017 in Amps £
Selling my amazing Carr Slant 6V combo. This is the latest version with reverb on both channels and UK voltage. It's in virtually mint condition - I can't see any marks on it. Comes with a quality Roqsolid padded cover and the footswitch that controls channel and boost. Has the Eminence Red, White and Blues 12" speaker. 

Loads of headroom, lovely Blackface cleans and creamy overdrive. The half power settings make it a useable amp at home too. In 22w mode it nails the vintage Deluxe Reverb thing. That's how I usually use it, with the 40w mode if you need that extra clean headroom.

I'm only selling as I use my Rambler more and fancy a head and 2x12 cab for more spread. I also use clean boost and overdrive pedals so the second channel isn't really getting used. It is a killer overdrive tone though, very similar to a Two Rock Jet I used to have. I just prefer the simplicity of single channel amps these days.

These amps are selling for £2899 at Coda now. Looking for £1600 cash on collection from Bristol, or I could meet within an hour's drive. Cheers!photo IMG_0392_zps4xwx3kivjpgphoto IMG_0393_zps2ms4vjn0jpgphoto IMG_0391_zps8rt2jezajpgphoto IMG_0394_zps8w3ibcczjpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    stunning amp Will had one of these before changing to a Rambler,  worth every penny
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I keep looking at these...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    They are a brilliant amp
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    Bump
  • Dominic said:
    They are a brilliant amp

I can back this up with experience of the Slant 6 V. If the Fender bell like clean sound is your thing just bite the bullet and have this amp for the rest of your life. It's that good and you'll save lots of time and effort once you get your head around the price.....
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    edited July 2016
    I owned a Slant too, and it it much missed and remains THE best sound I've had live. 

Think the best Deluxe Reverb sound ever...

If I could find a head, I'd get one.
  • @Wazmeister @firepaulmusic Thanks you two. I'd just talked myself out of this. Bloody salesmen, making life difficult...
  • I owned a Slant too, and it it much missed and remains THE best sound I've had live. 

There is a head and cab in Mansons, Exeter...
  • @Wazmeister @firepaulmusic Thanks you two. I'd just talked myself out of this. Bloody salesmen, making life difficult...

I regret selling mine, it turned up again on this forum and I missed it!
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
    edited July 2016
    @firepaulmusic I regret selling mine, it turned up again on this forum and I missed it![/quote]

I remember you selling yours & I remember wanting to buy that one too... The thing is I shouldn't even be looking, I already have 3 great amps,but every time I see one of these I get GAS. I'm lusting after a Plexi too, maybe a Suhr SL 67 or a Friedman Small Box.
  • I quite fancy the Tremoverb that's just been listed too... I think there is something wrong with me.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    edited July 2016
    I owned a Slant too, and it it much missed and remains THE best sound I've had live. 

There is a head and cab in Mansons, Exeter...
    Cheers mate, it's bloody dear enough though !! Id sooner buy new from @DougCoda...

Shows how good value this one of Wills is.
    I'd prefer to have it as a head too as I like 2x12s but that one in Mansons is a rip off! It's the older model too. I gigged my combo on the weekend and it really does rule. Hoping I don't regret this decision! The Jackson Ampworks Fullerton head sounds like it could be the one but they seem to have discontinued it for now. Anyone tried one?
  • Don't do it Will!! The Fullerton is great, I tried an early one at Peach at the top of the year with Neville Marten. We both loved it though I took an Abbey 15 home to quell my Vox-ish hunt. You'd love the Fullerton, big plummy cleans, the Princeton we all wish we had. 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    edited July 2016
    Don't suppose I could interest you in a Bogner Shiva 1x12 Combo with EL34s and flight case?
    EDIT: plus cash difference
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the offer but thats not what I'm after. 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    No worries fella, GLWTS, it's a beautiful sounding amp :)
    @stuartryanmusic Yeah would love to try the Fullerton mate. I think you told me about it in the first place. It's been discontinued for now but the Princeton sound in a 40w and 2x12 cab sounds about perfect!!
    @jaytmon thanks mate
    bump