Amp Modeller Smackdown

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    I have a PRRI - it does what it does, and does it very well ...... if needed no big deal adding that to the wagon.  Ditto the Mesa Booge Mini Rectifier.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28667
    Roland said:

There will be cake and biscuits. Mrs Roland likes baking them. 

I'm happy to drive an hour or so from Nottingham, which means anywhere on a line from Wolverhampton to Milton Keynes. @Sporky, @TimmyO, does that come anywhere near your territories, or am I going to have to be more accommodating?
    If there's cake and biscuits on offer I think I could stretch a little.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Grunfeld said:
    This sounds fun -- would love to come along but probably gigging. 

Yeh I'd love to come along too, but at the undecided future date, time and place I'm probably winning the lottery, sleeping with a hot blonde, and generally being extremely successful ;-)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    In all seriousness vent sounds like an amazing idea, and actually I wouldn't be surprised if one the guitar magazines was interested in coming along (isn't there an editor on here?) or maybe even the ThatPedalShow guys?

i don't have any relevant gear to bring but would love to spectate.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Our bassist may be interested. He's an IT type guy and runs a Mac with Guitar Rig 5. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    I'm christening my 11r David
    and he shall whoop thine asses. 
    ( prob not, but wouldn't you just love it if the 11r sounded better than a Fractal or Helix??!!) 
    Can you make it sound like Cliff Burton shagging She-Hulk in a metal dustbin?
    Easy. 
    The tricky part is getting to NOT sound like Cliff Burton shagging She-Hulk in a metal dustbin. 
    edited July 2016

BigMonka said:
    Grunfeld said:
    This sounds fun -- would love to come along but probably gigging. 

Yeh I'd love to come along too, but at the undecided future date, time and place I'm probably winning the lottery, sleeping with a hot blonde and generally being extremely successful

https://imgur.com/a/Zb4I5
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4304
    Sounds  a lot like the Nottingham Amp Demo days I organised. Not sure how Nottingham would suit but we could use our rehearsal studio as we did for the Amp demos, however the only weekend day would have to be a Saturday.

And I'm pretty good at homebrew , even if I say so myself, so we could have some beer on tap! Something pale and hoppy methinks...

hywelg said:
    Sounds  a lot like the Nottingham Amp Demo days I organised. Not sure how Nottingham would suit but we could use our rehearsal studio as we did for the Amp demos, however the only weekend day would have to be a Saturday.

And I'm pretty good at homebrew , even if I say so myself, so we could have some beer on tap! Something pale and hoppy methinks...

I'm cool with Notts. 
    @digitalscream could pick up that guitar rack from @rossyamaha lol. 
    Maybe @rossyamaha would be interested in bringing down some THR???
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4304
    There was talk at one point of @rossyamaha bringing a Helix to one of the amp demo days, but it never materialised. I would be very interested in comparing an AxeFX (@Roland or @paulmapp8306 ) with a Kemper (@Evildurka) and a Helix, and then against some classic amps.

My EZG is classic AB763 BF Fender, I also have a 1987 Clone, though my Dumble OTS clone is probably too heavily modded to be useful. We might be able to borrow a Maz18 NR, which sounds bloody ace when wound up.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I'll bring my kemper no sweat :)
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    Im up for this as well - Im running the Fryette Power Station at present to power the AFX - and also a RAC12 midi control rack (real knobs) for on the fly tweeking.  Multiple AFX's is Roland brings his, but not a bad thing.  I live on Notts as well, but happy to travel a little if its needed.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited July 2016
    I can bring a Zoom MS-50G!....