How often do you go to the barber's?

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
edited July 2016 in Off Topic
So I'm currently sat in the barber's, about eighth in line to get my bonce trimmed.
 I'm waiting behind guys who don't really need a hair cut imho.
Until recently, for the last four years I would shave my head once a month. But I got fed up of a) looking like a convict and b) feeling like a sheared animal. 
So now I go once a month or so. Has it now become the trend to go once a week or something?

Edit: Apologies for the boring post. I'm just so bored atm.
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    That was so bad, I barely made it to the end of the post ;)

I go about once a month. Apparently a lot of people do go weekly/bi-weekly. No idea what "a lot" is as a percentage, but that is what my hairdresser says anyway. I normally go when it gets annoyingly long.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    About every 6 to 8 weeks, or to the point where my hair becomes utterly uncontrollable.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28674
    I last went some 8 years ago, to Mr Topper on Tottenham Court Road.

Now every so often I use a pair of clippers on 7.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Once every 4 or 5 years
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27221
    Probably about 4 times a year, on average. Depends what I'm doing and how hot it is
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Between the ages of 15 to 40, about twice.

Now it's about once a month.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Three to go!!!!!! I take that as a good sign though. 
    I used to go to a salon as my previous barber never actually listened to me. 
    Stopped going to the salon as I got fed up talking to an idiot all the time. Final straw was after I was told "haven't you got thick hair, you'll never go bald"...

Me "well my mum's not bald"

Her "oh right"

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Depending on my current coiffure, it can be as frequent as every Saturday, 5.30am without fail.

As I'm more hirsuite at the moment, it's about once a fortnight/every three weeks.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3349
    Every 10 days now for my quiff with .5 grade on sides. When I had my 'weller' type do, every 3 weeks or so. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    About 12 years ago
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Haven't been to the hairdressers for about 20 years and must have saved a small fortune on that and hair products. 

I cut my hair with clippers every 2 weeks. I think I am on my 4th or 5th pair of clippers.  Works out less than £1 a month.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    every 4 weeks.  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323
    When I had hair, about every other week. Then I bought some clippers as it became expensive. 

Now I shave my head with a set of beard trimmers, with the guards taken off (about a grade .2) every other day. 

I wish I had hair! I used to love going to the barbers. I found it quite relaxing. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    About every 4 or 5 weeks usually.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NomadNomad Frets: 549

Not since some time in the early 80s. Got a Wahl trimmer thing around 1990 and it's been a skim with the No2 thingymabob every couple of months since then. So, currently about 13p per haircut, and reducing for as long as the trimmer continues to work.

How much does a No2 skim/trim cost at the barber's?

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I go every fortnight-my hair grows quickly and it's really thick, so if I don't go regularly, it just looks shit. If it was thinner I'd like to get away with once a month, but I end up looking like grizzly Adams-I shave (with clippers grade zero) before I get my hair cut so I'd have a full on beard, and I don't like being mistaken for a hipster. I used to grade zero my head once a week or so, which is great but like you say you look like a convict.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4930
    God I hate going to the barbers - the endless waiting is so boring.

I go to a "unisex" (is that even a thing any more?) salon every 5 weeks (by appointment), where a nice young woman rummages through my follicles for half an hour - very relaxing.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839
    Every month.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839
    Sambostar said:
    Once every 4 or 5 years
    Like your baths, eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I'm not sure my mental self could deal with a two hour wait once a week....