Calling MJW amp owners

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited July 2016
    Pics!

I like the Mesa Boogie Black Tolex and the knobs on the Boogies (similar to Blackstar ones).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    OMG I think I just broke Martin's e-mail again ... I've got a very nice scheme in my mind as to how I want this to look. Very classy. It's going to be amazing... hopefully he can accommodate the awesomeness of my image :D
    edited July 2016
    Oooooh nice!! 

That's one of my options. As is the Mesa-style leather in black or brown. I want to have a grillcloth on the head and to look along the lines of one of these (can't decide which one I like better) [I also asked if it's possible to have the controls on top as opposed to bottom and if the head can be angled as per Mesa - just to see what the options are]:

After mailing Martin, the grillcloth is possible and will appear at the top of the amp, sort of like this:

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11640
    tFB Trader
    Martin has done some great work for me.
    Had 4 amps so far and Martin has been great at retweaking stuff to please my pretty exacting ears
    Looking forward to Amp #5 coming v soon I hope

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    I cancelled my V40 order but still need a backup. WHo knows, maybe I'll get a second in future - and I've not got my first yet!

@FelineGuitars - what models do you have and did you do any demos or have you taken pics?

--> I'm just wondering if I get that brown/cream Mesa grillcloth which looks great or black to match my cab. 

Martin is excellent to deal with! I've yet to actually ring him, though!
    http://bruceclement.com/music/psk.htm

When I'm back from holiday I'll check the above out. I don't know if martin scales the whole lot or just one stage etc. I hear some people prefer a good master volume to any sort of attenuation. I liked both the MV and power scaling on @camf's amp!
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    edited July 2016
    You can have a good master volume and power scaling to be sure.
  • FezFez Frets: 536
    Blue snakeskin tolex yum

Don't touch that dial.