Steel String Singer type pedal?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    appreciate all the replies! I think the sound I've got in my head is a case of trial and improvement. 

I wish I had the cash for all your pedal suggestions as they are all in the right ballpark.

I've got a voodoo lab sparkle drive and boss bd-2 keeley at the moment and will looking at getting an EQ pedal to further the quest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Peach Guitars will have our Steel String Clean Drive pedal this Fall.  If you can wait for it, it will be the closest to the actual Steel String Singer that you'll find.  We used the actual Dumble Steel String Singer S/N 001 to voice the pedal with.

Mason J. Marangella
    Vertex Effects, Inc.
    mason@vertexeffects.com

• Here are few examples of the Steel String Clean Drive into totally clean Fender Amp on 3:

Mason J. Marangella
    Vertex Effects, Inc.
    mason@vertexeffects.com

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    Like nearly all of us, Ive never played a Dumble... And most of us have a different notion of what the Dumble sound is...

Nonetheless, Dumbles seem to be known for their touch sensitivity, harmonics and ability to clean up and respond to digging in.

In that regard, the Mad Prof Simble is one of the best Dumble pedals. It is vastly underrated, and has astonishing clean up/dig in qualities.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    Peach Guitars will have our Steel String Clean Drive pedal this Fall.  If you can wait for it, it will be the closest to the actual Steel String Singer that you'll find.  We used the actual Dumble Steel String Singer S/N 001 to voice the pedal with.

Oh look, it's this guy again....

so so basically you've made a pedal to make a clean amp sound like a clean amp. Well done. Clap.

clap.
  • Like nearly all of us, Ive never played a Dumble... And most of us have a different notion of what the Dumble sound is...

Nonetheless, Dumbles seem to be known for their touch sensitivity, harmonics and ability to clean up and respond to digging in.

In that regard, the Mad Prof Simble is one of the best Dumble pedals. It is vastly underrated, and has astonishing clean up/dig in qualities.
    The Simble is a great pedal, but it defiantly in the ODS territory as I'm sure Mad Professor would agree.  For the Steel String Singer, it's a much different vibe to my ear.  Lots more low-end, more compressed than I think it gets credit for, and does have some overdrive to it that's unique.  Lots of clarity and definition between each note even with a good amount of clipping.

Oh look, it's this guy again....

so so basically you've made a pedal to make a clean amp sound like a clean amp. Well done. Clap.

clap.
    If you check out the first demo with Owen Barry above (White Relic Strat), you'll see that it has some gain to it, not to the extent that say an ODS would have, but it has a great low to mid-gain OD tone there that's very pleasing and certainly would benefit many players.  It's quite versatile as part compressor/part overdrive/part fat boost, but the only way to know is to play one and evaluate for yourself.  I hope you'll give it a shot when it makes it over to the UK this Fall :)
    Mason J. Marangella
    Vertex Effects, Inc.
    mason@vertexeffects.com

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    edited July 2016
    I would never buy from Vertex or a Vertex product. Sorry mate - however nice you are now...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30309
    Mr Vertex is describing a Way Huge Pork Loin pedal.
  • I would never buy from Vertex or a Vertex product. Sorry mate - however nice you are now...
    I totally understand.  Perhaps with time I can prove otherwise :)
    Mason J. Marangella
    Vertex Effects, Inc.
    mason@vertexeffects.com

• Sassafras said:
    Mr Vertex is describing a Way Huge Pork Loin pedal.
    That's a very cool pedal too, a bit more boost/eq centric than the Steel String Clean Drive other than the sonic characteristics and voicing of the respective pedals.
    Mason J. Marangella
    Vertex Effects, Inc.
    mason@vertexeffects.com