Mad idea of the day - the 'mixed back' cab

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    Doesn't matter - or at least, it can do a bit but not because it's behind (or not behind) the speakers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited July 2016
    Cheers @icbm - I've got a new back board for the cab, which is a single piece right now - 5" too short to fully close off the back of the cab

The intent was to split it in two top and bottom, but I don't want to have to cut it into two pieces unless it matters
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    SunDevil said:
    Cheers @icbm - I've got a new back board for the cab, which is a single piece right now - 5" too short to fully close off the back of the cab

The intent was to split it in two top and bottom, but I don't want to have to cut it into two pieces unless it matters
    The traditional solution is to leave the gap at the bottom - possibly because the idea is to decouple the low-end from the floor, I'm not sure - but more importantly because if you leave it at the top and something falls inside, it's a bugger to get it out :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
    . My brother built a 2x12 cab. Put a divider  between the two speakers and made one half open and the other half closed. Played that setup for years in his band and loved it.