PSA: Behringer Bugera 6260-212 Infinium valve amp just £116.67 at Amazon

What's Hot
milambermilamber Frets: 118
edited July 2016 in Amps
Just a heads up. I don't have any experience with this amp, but was looking for a new one for me. Came across this on Amazon which is currently priced at less than a third that it is elsewhere - mostly £400 or more. Probably more amp than I need, but might benefit someone on here. Two in stock and knowing Amazon the price will go back up to £400 plus as soon as one is bought. Got to be worth £116 for parts if you know what you are doing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-Bugera-6260-212-Infinium-Amplifier/dp/B007KZQN1I/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1469605022&sr=1-5
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Damn...I'm seriously tempted just to take the plunge right now. I need a backup and this could be it (although reportedly their reputation means I'd probably need a backup for this as well).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    edited July 2016
    It's the slightly iffy reputation that puts me off, but for someone who knows their way around a valve amp it's a great buy. That said it's Amazon so any problems and it's them you deal with not Behringer.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    milamber said:
    It's the slightly iffy reputation that puts me off, but for someone who knows their way around a valve amp it's a great buy. That said it's Amazon so any problems and it's them you deal with not Behringer.
    I think it's pretty well-established that the "iffy reputation" was down to the first batch of amps when the brand originally appeared; the design flaw people are forever talking about was fixed.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I like the infinitum features but 35kg? Ooft!
    That's only £3.33 a kilo then. Even better value :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Certainly brilliant value.
    If weight want an issue I'd buy it
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Too heavy.

Plus, having played through one they are... well, lets just say they are inexpensive but not to my taste in terms of sound.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    Too heavy.

Plus, having played through one they are... well, lets just say they are inexpensive but not to my taste in terms of sound.

I rather liked these, great for playing Trivium and Machinehead covers :) 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Just tried ordering one but was told it can't be delivered to either my home or work address  :s
  • I tried to order one, but got this message:

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

Any advise guys? Cheers
    Getting the same if I take it through to checkout. I suspect that Amazon have cottoned on to the price and are in the process of updating it. It was o.k. earlier before I posted it. You have to be very quick with these strange Amazon prices. I missed out on 2 cracking deals yesterday because I prevaricated a few minutes.
    edited July 2016
    I can checkout using click and collect (at my local post office) if that helps. Weight maybe?
  • I tried the collect method and got this:

This item is too heavy to be delivered to an Amazon Pickup location. Please select another address.

This item is too big for delivery to an Amazon Pickup Location. Please select another address.

Dissappointing :(

edited July 2016
    Weird. I can definitely check out for pickup. Probably find Amazon have added an extra zero to the weight in the database! Might be worth asking on live chat. Usually pretty good if you get the right person
  • Ahh, I have now been presented with a more helpful error message:

Sorry, we can't deliver this item to UK - Northern Ireland

Got to love Amazon. At this price I would happily pay for my delivery, but that is not an option :-1: 
  • I've got the same message too 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Oddly the price has now dropped to £110.84 - still can't actually check out though.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Man up, tone is heavy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just spoken to Amazon. They said "I have checked with the item page and there seems to be a technical glitch as it should be deliverable for address with in UK. We have raised the request with the concerned team and we expect it to be resolved in next 24 hours"

Worth keeping an eye on it then if anyone is interested. It's not for me, but hopefully someone here can get it! What's the betting the price goes up right before it becomes available........

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    30kg = screw that!