I'm in northern Spain

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
Crossed from Plymouth last night on overnight ferry with doggy on board. It's very nice, near San Vicente got a cabin drinking cheap red wine wi me feet up. Ah dis is Di life.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Damn, wish it was me :(
    4 days in Dunoon - or rather, two... we left early!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Good for you, jonny - have a ball!
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    how long did the crossing take… I'm thinking of doing the same trip..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2016
    sounds good

• I'll be driving through Runcorn within the hour. Don't say you're not jealous. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    The crossings to Northern Spain are from Plymouth or Portsmouth and either 24 or 36 hours iirc. 

Not cheap though for car or motorbike - the ferry companies have done the maths to work out how much it would cost you to do the alternative  routes. 

The big plus for me by going this route is that you have nothing to do for the sailing other than relax - which puts you in holiday mood / mode for when you disembark. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Nice, how's the dog coping?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    Set out from Plymouth at 3.45pm and arrived at Santander next day at around midday dog hated the kennels but we sat out on the doggie deck most of the time with a beer or 4 until about 9pm, weather was warm on the crossing so no hassle really.kids spent the evening in the pool. if you book really early you can get a dog friendly room on the boat but very limited supply so he had to go on the kennel deck. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Crossed from Plymouth last night on overnight ferry with doggy on board. It's very nice, near San Vicente got a cabin drinking cheap red wine wi me feet up. Ah dis is Di life.
    From that, I can only assume you're depping for a rap artist.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Cool.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited August 2016
    Spanish are wank compared to the Greeks.  Culturally and aesthetically.  In fact they are only a few pence removed from being arabs.  Compared to a nice Athenian girl who could draw you in half with her looks.  Spanish suck balls.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Sambostar said:7
    Spanish are wank compared to the Greeks.  Culturally and aesthetically.  In fact they are only a few pence removed from being arabs.  Compared to a nice Athenian girl who could draw you in half with her looks.  Spanish suck balls.
    Ah yet more "pearls of wisdom" from @sambostar.

I really wish the forum had a sambostar filter so that I'd never accidently stumble across reading this shit when checking out someone's nice holiday thread.

Anyway @jonnyburgo sounds lovely. Wasn't aware that ferries had dog decks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited August 2016
    Teetonetal said:
    Wasn't aware that ferries had dog decks!
    Usually referred to as the "poop deck"
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908

I really wish the forum had a sambostar filter so that I'd never accidently stumble across reading this shit when checking out someone's nice holiday thread.

Ignore function? Works for me (until someone quotes or double quotes it) ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802

Ignore function? Works for me (until someone quotes or double quotes it) ;)
    Wow! I never knew! I thought it just stopped notifications when the user posted on your own thread, not actually hid the content too. 

Life just got a tiny little but nicer.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    That would also be a useful feature to use on myself for everything I post after 12pm.  I think what I meant to say is, I think the Greeks are generally friendlier than the Spanish, who are more like us.  Also Greek women are great looking.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited August 2016
    My wife is pretty friendly. Admittedly, when I lived there and had an "M" plate car, if I had taken it to the North then it wouldn't have survived the night. Some of the best food in the world in the North though, Basque chefs are world-renowned.

Edit: That was the late 90's though, when ETA was still very active.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Greeks are more like us, and yet friendlier than the Spanish? LOL, we are one of the most self-centred populations on earth.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    My wife is pretty friendly. Admittedly, when I lived there and had an "M" plate car, if I had taken it to the North then it wouldn't have survived the night. Some of the best food in the world in the North though, Basque chefs are world-renowned.

Edit: That was the late 90's though, when ETA was still very active.
    I had an M plate vandalized by Basques. In London. They still have all the pro ettara shite up north, and despite it I still go their because its so nice. My Spanish Mrs suspects if our ginger friend ever got his hands on anyone as fit as her it cost him a lot of money...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Definitely nicer than Madrid this time of year. 37 in the capital is not really much fun, my little Ibiza 1.4 spent all day in the sun and then I drove it a couple of miles home to the centre with a lovely cool face but a dripping wet everything else. It was the version with 8 little drawers for tapes, I loved it.

I went to Oviedo by coach one November and I remember it being a gorgeous place.