Reverb Tales...............

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Beexter said:
    I have both the Catalinbread Talisman and the Keeley Aurora. Both do a very natural sounding reverb through to those epic ambient washes. The Keeley probably has the edge for versatility as it has hall, room and plate modes, whereas the Talisman is plate only. I think the Keeley can get more "ethereal" too.
    For my purposes, I prefer the Talisman and have the Keeley Aurora up for sale in the classifieds..
    Cool, I've PM'd you about the Aurora
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Another Talisman fan here. I like it more than the Dispatch Master, Flint and RV6. It's very non-fakey, non-plasticy sounding. It can do ridiculously long oscillating tails if you want, and also massive reverbs that don't take over the sound because you have loads of control over up-frontness and boominess via the predelay and high pass knobs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    If you want simple, I have an RV5 for sale.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8763
    I find that they can be roughly broken into 2 categories; 

1.) Ambient washy verbs
    - best being Big Sky by far, Wet also good

2.) 'Normal' verbs
    - King is the Talisman for me 
    - Van Amps is natural and warm
    That's an interesting observation. Covers band work doesn't have much use for ambient washes, so I just use a short reverb to add life to the sound. In the past I've played in some large halls, even a cathedral, and I leave the room to add it's own long reverbs.

On the AxeFX I use a room reverb, with a pre-delay of 40ms to prevent the initial note getting confused with the reverb. When I solo I sometimes use a 500ms delay. Reverbed delay sounds messy to my ears, so I run reverb in parallel with delay. I've no idea how this equates to any of the pedal reverbs. 

Originally I was using a "small room" delay. Then our singer got himself a Vocal Effects pedal, and added reverb to the vocals. It sounds really silly when different instruments use different reverbs, so I adjusted mine to "medium room" to match his.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The Hall of Fame is excellent and very easy to get a good sound that sits well with other instruments / mix.

It has a couple of useless settings (such as Ambient, which is anything but, more like a short room delay) but the Hall, Church and Plate settings are great.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Dr scientist reverb is good.

I really didn't get on with the dispatch master at all. Probably because it's plate voiced and plate is the boringest reverb.