I didn't realise that bed bugs were a real thing!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    They're coming out of the walls!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well at least it's not scabies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    "Night night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite". I thought that was just a silly rhyme, I didn't know that they actually existed. My youngest daughter has been getting bites when asleep, then we found one of the little bastards. Nasty looking things. Found a second a day later. I killed the little gits, but apparently they are very hard to get rid of. The girls room is tiny, with a bunk bed and piles of fluffy toys covering the floor, perfect hiding ground for them. 
    @axisus , how did you kill them?
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2016
    Myranda said:

Anything with more than 2 legs should not be allowed in a bed...
    Good rule for life really.

Never had bedbugs (touching wood). Only insects regularly appearing in the house are these:

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-13ee91739166af862dc89780c3afada7?convert_to_webp=true

That's a silverfish, we get them scuttling around (only a few at a time) on the floor of the utility room and downstairs loo most nights. Harmless to humans apparently, so whatever. And they're tiny, about a quarter of the size of a woodlouse.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    axisus said:
    "Night night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite". I thought that was just a silly rhyme, I didn't know that they actually existed. My youngest daughter has been getting bites when asleep, then we found one of the little bastards. Nasty looking things. Found a second a day later. I killed the little gits, but apparently they are very hard to get rid of. The girls room is tiny, with a bunk bed and piles of fluffy toys covering the floor, perfect hiding ground for them. 
    The first one was caught in a clear plastic cup that we catch spiders in. He was blindfolded, given a last cigarette and shot by firing squad. The second was chased over a cliff by rabid lemmings.

Boring answer - I didn't know what the first one was so I wanted to keep it. I wasn't going to risk him escaping so I tipped some boiling water in the cup - hey, at least it was quick! The second one I did consider pulling all his legs off and throwing him back in the room as a warning to others, but in the end he was marched outside and dispatched with the heel of a shoe. 

• axisus said:
    axisus said:
    The first one was caught in a clear plastic cup that we catch spiders in. He was blindfolded, given a last cigarette and shot by firing squad. The second was chased over a cliff by rabid lemmings.

Boring answer - I didn't know what the first one was so I wanted to keep it. I wasn't going to risk him escaping so I tipped some boiling water in the cup - hey, at least it was quick! The second one I did consider pulling all his legs off and throwing him back in the room as a warning to others, but in the end he was marched outside and dispatched with the heel of a shoe. 

You should have used sugar. It doesn't kill them, but it does rot their teeth.   :P