Thieving w@nkers!

What's Hot
Shed got broken into last night and the fcuckers had my bike away. :angry: 
What's worse though is my daighter's now too afraid to go to bed incase they come back.  :/
Bastards. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Twats!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Neighbour's house was attempted a 6.00am a few days ago - I was awake at the time.

Tends to be viewed as a 'low-level' crime - but really distressing to those it affects.

Hope your daughter gets over it soon and you get your bike back. 
  • Claiming on insurance for the bike, pretty slim chance of getting it back. 
    Finally got her to sleep, she's at her nan's tomorrow night so hopefully be a distraction. 
  • Keep an eye in local cash converters type stores. 

My bike was nabbed while sleeping when I was uni, they ripped the door off its hinge to get it. 

Funny thing - my bike was shit - rusty old thing. Next to it was a fairly new Claude Butler that looked swish and cost a fair few hundred quid. They picked mine because, presumably, the other bike was too big. 

So my thief was a short arse. :) 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Bummer. I remember getting a brand new bike from my mum & dad. I rode it to college day 2, locked it up and it was gone at the end of the day. Worst feeling ever having to go back and tell the parents - not that it was my fault. I also had the most amazing bike ever nicked from art college. An Elswick stag, a lightweight bike of perfect balance. I remember I used to cross Norwich at midnight with a pal, and I would always do the 4 miles without once touching the handlebars! I had to slow right down at traffic lights and judge it just right to keep moving. My mum would have been horrified!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    My mate had nearly £8k's worth of bikes stolen out of the bike store at the flats I used to live at (I still own a property there). 99.9% sure that an ex-tenant of the building (who was nothing but trouble - not my tenant thankfully!) still managed to have a key and went in and took the bikes. 

Cunts. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28672

Tends to be viewed as a 'low-level' crime - but really distressing to those it affects.
    Indeed - but the police not bothering to do anything about it essentially decriminalises bike theft.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4604
    Nightmare, sorry to hear that mate
  • Had to report it online as there's no option for reporting theft by phone now, but to be fair I had a call back from them pretty quickly. 
    Stupidly, I didn't have it stamped and have no proof of ownership so not a great deal to be done. 
  • My wee brother was working late the other night at home when he noticed the handle on his back door quietly turning. 
    He went to the window next to the door and opened it to see what was going on guy was trying to get in. He called the police and they said the same guy had done it before- he tries the backdoors on houses and steals what he can (& fights like a maniac when cornered). 
    Fun times we live in eh?
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Bastards. We had our garage done a couple of years ago, it's a long way from the house and security was shite though. We've now got an Almax 16mm chain and floor anchor, which at least should beat most opportunist thieves and cause most others to make a fair racket trying to get the chain off.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Many years ago youngest son had his bike stolen. Reported to the police with ser No. etc.
    No news heard (or expected really) so a month later I replaced the bike with a more expensive model. Nearly a year later a phone call from the police who have the bike. From their records it had been handed in a week after going missing and had been in storage so long the pencil on the hang tag was faded!
    I did express my displeasure for what it was worth.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Fun times we live in eh?
    Yeah. What were they thinking when they invented burglary in 2015!?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1759
    That's not good - I think the worst part is how it can affect the family and make them afraid of their own home.
    One Reading festival I had someone run off with my fork.

I got woken up in the night by the zip on my tent going, then my trousers started to disappear so I pulled on them, a hand appeared through the tent flap and I had at it with the first thing to hand.

Bastard didn't get my trousers, but did run off with the fork still stuck in him. He was screaming a bit. I liked that fork.
    10reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Sorry to hear about your bike, more sorry about your daughter, I hope she gets over it soon.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    P.S. Does anyone want to buy a fork, mostly used in the house and just one festival?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If it has AA scratched on the handle and smells faintly of Pot Noodle, I'd bite your hand off to get it back.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I had some fishing kit nicked from our shed a few years back. 
    The saddest part is you can't see the shed from the street, and it's locked at all times. Fuckers re-locked the padlock when they were done. The most annoying thing was they literally grabbed one rodbag (with a couple of nice rods and reels, and a few other assorted odds'n'sods) and left the gardening, and other assorted tools.

The kit probably ended up at a car boot sale a week or two later.  

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Bit of an update...
    Insurance company are replacing the bike with one of the same (or better) spec. If they can't find anything we'll get a payout less the excess.

If I get a choice, I'll be looking at mountain bikes under £400, hard tail, front shocks, preferably hydraulic discs and quick release wheels. 

The stolen bike was a Carrera Vengeance Ltd Disc Spec, the current model looks ok but has mech discs and no quick release wheels. 
    What are Voodoo like? Quite like the look of the Voodoo Hoodoo and it ticks all the boxes. 

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&categoryId=165499&langId=-1&productId=1112514&storeId=10001