That Pedal Show (05/08/16) - Kingsley Pedals with Simon Jarrett

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Love this show...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited August 2016
    How is the page into a crunchy amp? Classic rock type tone, defo not high gain by a long way. Most demos of any of them are into a clean which is fine, but just wondering
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited August 2016
    Dig, "That Pedal Show". The Kingsley stuff sounds great.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    I agree that I prefer when they take an effect type, such as Delay and offer advice and ideas, but I can see the merit in this type of video, I try to extract the knowledge even tho I'm prob not going to buy the exact pedal they demo, I'll defo be looking at running drives together to get my tones.
    when is the @ThorpyFX episode coming out??
    Hahah I think this was a special one with Simon because a) he was over here and b) he's an astounding player that makes even the best of us look pedestrian. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    I agree that I prefer when they take an effect type, such as Delay and offer advice and ideas, but I can see the merit in this type of video, I try to extract the knowledge even tho I'm prob not going to buy the exact pedal they demo, I'll defo be looking at running drives together to get my tones.
    when is the @ThorpyFX episode coming out??
    Hahah I think this was a special one with Simon because a) he was over here and b) he's an astounding player that makes even the best of us look pedestrian. 
    He's no CC Deville........
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    "over here" ? He sounded English but maybe I wasn't paying close attention... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Kingsley is in Canada. The great thing about this video was to compare the pedals, something that is missing from the website. Each has its own characteristic yet born from the same foundation, as such many an overdrive. The kingsleys aren't just differences of eq though. Open one up and marvel at the construction. 
    I have the bard, an incredible tremolo pedal. The hidden secret is using it as a pre amp boost. I add pre amp as running a fuzz into it produces all the interaction you expect from a fuzz and tube amp. I wonder how similar it is to the Page because the bard rocks. The page must be heaven sent. I'm expecting the jester in September and now I'm curious about the constable. 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    TimmyO said:
    He's an expat
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    TimmyO said:
    He's an expat
    Correct, he is a Brit expat living in Canada. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    ah - ta
    Red ones are better. 
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    Can't we get the Pedal Show guys to burn his passport.  =)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    The Harlot was the stand out for me... 

Id imagine a HUGE flood of orders into Kingsley right now after that video. Im tempted by the Harlot myself, having owned previously the Jester (1&2), Jouster, Page, Minstrel.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I'm tempted by the constable and a squire to pre a power amp. Wazmeister, are you abandoning your fx unit or limiting its spectrum, trusting od to a dedicated pedal?