Blackstar pedals?

What's Hot
baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
have any of you tried any of these pedals? What are your thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I have a LT Dist. It's a fantastic unit, has enough gain for Van Halen/Iron Maiden style. But is way more flexible than that, it'll do a nice lightish crunch, right up. 
    Well worth the £not much that they cost.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• They're really nice sounding pedals. I've had the Lt boost which is genuinely fantastic (sold when I got a juansolo boost) and I've tried the Lt overdrive. 

Underrated. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I see there is a LT Metal for sale locally but I don't know if I liked it in the demo. I thought the other ones sounded good. Hmm
  • I have a Marshall Guv'nor clone and an OCD knockoff. Do you think either of these would be comparable the the LT distortion? I hate it wen I buy an pedal and it sounds like a pedal I already own. :)
    The Guvnor does a great Marshall JVM cranked sound, the LTD would be put in this category, but when I put the Mk1 (or Mk2)  guvnor in comparison the the LTDthey sound quite different.

I'm not familiar with the OCD so can't comment on that.   

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

•    I can get the OCD and Guv'nor to sound really close to each other but the Guv'nor is more flexible. I can get a wider array of tones out of the guvnor  with its full eq.  The OCD does a good clean boost as well as distortion. 
  • If you already have two OD pedals, you are best trying others first before buying as, like you say, a lot of them can sound the-same-but-different. 

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    They're alright, they sound very amp like, albeit a blackstar amp.

its funny, I don't like the sound of blackstar amps much at all, but when the exact same sound comes out of a pedal, I'm super impressed by how amp like it sounds.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    I recall being mildly impressed by the multi mod pedal for this price.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon, sometimes they will reduce the price of them quite a bit.
  • The wife and I have Amazon Prime. Might have to see what they have for pedals....
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    They're really nice sounding pedals. I've had the Lt boost which is genuinely fantastic (sold when I got a juansolo boost) and I've tried the Lt overdrive. 

Underrated. 

Agreed, I'm on my 3rd LT Boost and hopefully won't be stupid enough to sell this one.
  • If you already have two OD pedals, you are best trying others first before buying as, like you say, a lot of them can sound the-same-but-different. 

Good point. I have a couple OD pedals on the board already. Marshal Guv'nor Clone, Klon Clone, Modded TS808 and a Joyo Ultimate Drive( OCD copy).  By mixing pedals I should be able to get a good variety of tones. It's odd, I think I have a small pedal addiction problem brewing:)
  • Don't forget about amp OD too. If you are a bedroom-player, you won't need as much drive once you start playing out because of volume/loudness
    baddog01 said:
    If you already have two OD pedals, you are best trying others first before buying as, like you say, a lot of them can sound the-same-but-different. 

Good point. I have a couple OD pedals on the board already. Marshal Guv'nor Clone, Klon Clone, Modded TS808 and a Joyo Ultimate Drive( OCD copy).  By mixing pedals I should be able to get a good variety of tones. It's odd, I think I have a small pedal addiction problem brewing:)
    4OD's is an amateur attempt at a pedal addiction problem...........

•   What if I said  I had 6 OD's....:)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I'd say buy more.
  • I'm trying but the wife keeps track:)
    baddog01 said:
      What if I said  I had 6 OD's....:)
    I'd say, its a start, but you have a long long way to go........

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    baddog01 said:
      What if I said  I had 6 OD's....:)
    I'd say get off the drugs ASAP
    Stop crying, start buying