The GigRig response times

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
I don't know about you guys but every time I email the GigRig about stuff via their website/contact form I never get a response. Never have in fact and that's going back a few years now too. 

Anyone here have the same experience?
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Yep, ring them up.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Jalapeno said:
    Yep, ring them up.
    Well yes I could and could even go and visit them but still think they should answer their emails initially :( Got to start somewhere
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    I've got Dan's Tindr profile- he always responds..

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    I've got Dan's Tindr profile- he always responds..
    I contact Dan via facebook messenger usually as I am more successful in getting answer there :( 
    Just called them and got a really informative full answer. So massive plus for them. It's just their email responses are slow or non existent. Might have to buy a couple of Humdingers 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    My experience too, great on the phone but never replied to a single email!
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Never had an issue - always got a timely response. Poss they have issues with incoming emails being blocked?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Too busy making that pedal show.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Emails are a strange beast. No excuse for not responding to them but I do remember well when I was pushing Smorg pedalboards the amount of email questions and queries that came in and how few of them actually resulted in a sale, it was very low. 

The problem with email is that there is no real investment or commitment needed from the person sending it, often it's done on a whim at 2am and the response (which could often be a full board design) doesn't even land or get a response back.

Obviously not sayjng this is gigrigs issue btw, just my limited experience.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    Emails are a strange beast. No excuse for not responding to them but I do remember well when I was pushing Smorg pedalboards the amount of email questions and queries that came in and how few of them actually resulted in a sale, it was very low. 

The problem with email is that there is no real investment or commitment needed from the person sending it, often it's done on a whim at 2am and the response (which could often be a full board design) doesn't even land or get a response back.

Obviously not sayjng this is gigrigs issue btw, just my limited experience.
    Yeah I can believe that happens a lot. However, it could just turn into one massive sale from aguitar hero you never know. It won't be me of course lol
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    If businesses (not saying the Gigrig do this at all) don't reply to emails because they have a low sales conversion rate, they should take their email contact off their info. If I ask someone a question, I want an answer. Emails are as convenient to send as they are easy to ignore, and it boils my piss.

iirc, I have emailed them once and I got a reply. Maybe they have an overly aggressive spam filter? 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    JDE said:
    If businesses (not saying the Gigrig do this at all) don't reply to emails because they have a low sales conversion rate, they should take their email contact off their info. If I ask someone a question, I want an answer. Emails are as convenient to send as they are easy to ignore, and it boils my piss.
    Agree, if you don't want the emails, or can't answer them for some reason, don't have a public email contact.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It's not as if phone calls and carrier pigeons automatically translate into higher sales conversion rates either.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    dindude said:

True, but this can usually be solved with a bit of qualification. I was usually pretty certain from their second email as to whether or not they'd buy anything. A really useful question is "is this an immediate requirement?"; if they say yes or no then they're probably a good prospect. If they evade a bit then they're probably not.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Drew_fx said:
    It's not as if phone calls and carrier pigeons automatically translate into higher sales conversion rates either.
    You can always sell the pigeon to recoup costs. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Always had no trouble getting a reply, normally next day. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I always get a quick response.  A helpful one too
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    I must admit they have always been super helpful to me
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Maybe it depends on the types of emails they receive whether you get a reply or not.
     :) 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe it depends on the types of emails they receive whether you get a reply or not.
     :) 
    I've heard it helps if your email consists only of innuendo and cheap 80's dad jokes. They love that shit
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom