looking for device

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Put those amps on your list and go to a shop to try them out.
    There is a world of difference between them.
    Go see for yourself what it is.

For the avoidance if thinking i'm being weird with you, as it happens the Vypyr is a good modelling amp that you would be stupid not to buy at £50 and the Marshall can;t even come close - it's built in effects are basic and rubbish, which is why i told you ONLY get the MG15 Normal version to use with a G3. On it's own its an ok amp but no more.
    The Peavey is a world apart, it's a modelling amp.
    Learn the difference.
    They say on the shop listings such as GAK or Andertons what they do and so do manufacturers websites.
    Stop looking at ebay until you're comparing prices.
    It's easy to find something good !!!

The Id Core is another modeller and will do you just fine. Not as loud as the Peavey but still fine for bedroom - you won't ever really use the peavey at home anyway, it's 40w so the 10w stereo is more than enough.

The Fender Mustang is pants but you may think otherwise.

Go to a shop and see what you think !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarerguitarer Frets: 29
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28670
    Alnico said:

Ok. I am going to give this one last go before i just go and get on with my life.

Stick to your instincts chief - we're being trolled.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Bid on the Vypyr, it's a good price and has the tones you're after. For that price you won't get anything much better.
  • I'll be selling a microcube as soon as I can be bothered to take pics and dig out the box.. it doesnt have usb for recording but great for beginners...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

thank you all (obviously apart from Sporky) for your input

I eventually got a Vypyr Vip 2 for £100 including shipping, not sure if it is a good deal

so far I am not impressed, but I hope this will change in the future

1) the guitar sounds like out of tune, although I told the shop to tune it for me
    2) when I hit the 5th cord and then the second point of the 4th cord, the second tone is not heard clear, it is so blended with the previous tone (the 5th cord) that you cannot distinguished and the 5th cord tone completely absorbs it, is this amp defect?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Have you got reverb on? That's what the problem sounds like
    Stop crying, start buying
    I don't see 'reverb' only 'reverse' and the knob is not on that indication
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28670
    edited August 2016
    guitarer said:
    Obviously - I told you what you needed to do, not what you wanted to hear. D

By the way - second to last knob on the right has "Reverb Level" written under it. Read the instructions for your amp.

Also if you've been playing classical for "many" years, how come you can't tune a guitar yourself?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30310
    I once told a shop to sell me a guitar that was in tune.
    Imagine my disappointment when 6 months later it sounded slightly out of tune.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    guitarer said:

1) the guitar sounds like out of tune, although I told the shop to tune it for me

You asked the shop to tune your guitar????
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    edited August 2016
    Deleted..
    edited August 2016
    deleted.
    edited August 2016
    Moss said:
    Have you got reverb on? That's what the problem sounds like
    Ot too much gain.......  Too much gain gets fizzy and indistinct - especially on cheap gear.  It might well be a definition thing caused by that - smearing the notes.

Or poor playing technique - leading to notes smearing.  You need clean picking at high gain levels. 

RE out of tune - either tune the guitar yourself (as you should every time you pick it up before playing) - or check you dont have any "harmonising" or "modulation" type effects turned on.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    guitarer said:

I eventually got a Vypyr Vip 2 for £100 including shipping, not sure if it is a good deal

so far I am not impressed, but I hope this will change in the future

2) when I hit the 5th cord and then the second point of the 4th cord, the second tone is not heard clear, it is so blended with the previous tone (the 5th cord) that you cannot distinguished and the 5th cord tone completely absorbs it, is this amp defect?
    1) Your amp should have a built in tuner, learn to use that, and use it every time you plug your guitar in. Guitars naturally go out of tune slightly over time and tuning your guitar yourself is one of the basic skills you need to know. It's akin to learning to tie your own shoelaces!

2) Sounds like you might have a really high gain/drop tuned amp model selected. Try this:

* Make sure "instrument type" is set to electric guitar (1 or 2 doesn't matter)
    * Turn off all the FX (set both "inst/stomp" and "effects" to BYPASS).
    * Select an amp model (try 6505) and select the medium gain channel (press the amp selector knob until the light turns yellow).
    * Set a sensible amount of gain (set the pre-gain knob to 12 o'clock).
    * Set all 3 EQ knobs to 12 o'clock (low, mid, high)
    * Set post gain to 12 o'clock

Now see if the tone sounds any clearer. This should give you a good starting point to start tweaking your tone. You might want to save it as one of your presets. I think a part of the problem might be that the previous owner has saved some bad presets that have too much going on.

Take it slowly and make sure you read the manual carefully (I've never used the amp before and all of the info above came from 3 mins of looking at the manual). These amps have a lot of features and they don't all necessarily work well together. If things get out of hand just start again from my settings above.