Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Analog Delay with Tap Tempo

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyTimmy Frets: 23
    Have you tried an el cap? With the tone and eq controls you can make it sound quite analogy, got it to sound verry close to my memory man. The hold feature is very good and musical, diffrent chords blend well and you never get any funny harmonic clashes when playing on top of it(hope that makes sense) you can set it to go crazzy as well but if you want to play notes over the wash or change chords whilst holding the self osolation this might be the one for you. Having the option to put reverb just on the repeats is also verry useful as a big box memory man sounds like it has reverb. Deffinetly worth Trying. You can really tweak it to how you want and I have found it to be the most versitile "small delay" I have used
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't tried one, no. They're obviously quite expensive so it's quite the endeavour to drop £180-£200 I don't have on something I might not want. Having said that, its not like i couldn't get shot of it. There's one in Dawsons locally i think, maybe I should pop in and annoy them :D
  • Hold to oscillate pretty much a requirement; chase mode is a bonus.

That's a supa puss isn't it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @meltedbuzzbox No hold to Oscillate on the Supa-Puss unfortunately; which is a real shame. You can't get it to oscillate with an expressive pedal either.

The only pedal that has both features (sort of) is the Deluxe Memory Man TT; although it only goes through the different subdivisions in sequence whereas the Supa Puss has 5 different patterns it runs through
  • bump
  • Got an re20 if that floats your boat
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 396
    edited September 2016
    @wayneirie cheers bud but really after analog bbd chips. Heart set on it.
  • Bermp
  • bump...?
  • No DMM TTs about then?
  • Could you get an external tap tempo switch that works with an analogue delay?
    edited September 2016
    @BintyTwanger77 It's actually the hold to oscillate function i'm really jonesing for. Generally pedals that have that function access it by holding down the TT footswitch.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited September 2016
    @BintyTwanger77 It's actually the hold to oscillate function i'm really jonesing for. Generally pedals that have that function access it by holding down the TT footswitch.
    You could attach an expression pedal to something like a Minifooger delay. I think the exp controls the oscillation.
  • How you getting on with this Colour? The EQD Avalanche Run looks the shizzle to me..... I am saving for one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2016
    @Placidcasual79 Having difficulties finding anything used. Considering a new DMM TT 500ms. I think i'm going to wait for the Stone Deaf Syncopy to come out though; Chris at Custom Pedal Boards will stock them so i'm going to demo one with him. It's got presets!

Avalanche Run does look ace but still sounds distinctly digital to me!
  • Still want one!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4207
    My Way Huge Supa Puss would fit the bill, mint in box etc etc ;)
  • @sweepy That has been on my list. I am very tempted. It doesn't do hold to oscillate though...how much?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4207
    £160 inc p&p for the Aqua Puss, but always open to offers 
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited September 2016
    Supa Puss is class.  The gain adjustment to repeats really give it a nice rock tone but it never seems to get harsh (even using R9 with a pretty hot bridge pickup)