What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Gassage said:
    On the flip side, imagine a kid in a village in Afghanistan, who only has maybe one TV in his region, with only local news, who just lost his parents jn a US raid.

Can you imagine how you'd feel in his shoes?
    I'd be happy that I had a couple of extra pairs of shoes.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sarge said:
    @ourmaninthenorth they're staying with us, plus we don't have a spare room so I even have that racist biggot wanker sleeping in my bed! 
    Gadzooks...that's a naughty situation @Sarge . Stay cool. 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Sarge said:
    @ourmaninthenorth they're staying with us, plus we don't have a spare room so I even have that racist biggot wanker sleeping in my bed! 
    Gadzooks...that's a naughty situation @Sarge . Stay cool. 
    Yeah, try not to roll over and spoon him in the middle of the night!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    Sambostar said:
    philanthropy doesn't really run high with the dental profession in general.
    Most of the ones who do NHS work and private work lose money on most of the NHS procedures.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2254

The way I deal with this sort of situation is to avoid it. I have family and friends that I am comfortable with and can talk to about a number of controversial subjects. I might not always agree but we are always sensible.

Then there are people that I manage. For example there was one person who invited me and Mrs S for a weekend. The experience was slightly unpleasant as they were controlling, breakfast at this time, tea at this time etc. So we always have an excuse not to stay when we visit. We see them for an hour or two. There's also subjects I will not broach with them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    slacker said:

The way I deal with this sort of situation is to avoid it. I have family and friends that I am comfortable with and can talk to about a number of controversial subjects. I might not always agree but we are always sensible.

Then there are people that I manage. For example there was one person who invited me and Mrs S for a weekend. The experience was slightly unpleasant as they were controlling, breakfast at this time, tea at this time etc. So we always have an excuse not to stay when we visit. We see them for an hour or two. There's also subjects I will not broach with them.

Very adult and wise way of dealing with it. You know you won't change their behaviour so it makes perfect sense to simply manage the situation with the minimum of fuss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2254
    Chalky said:
    Very adult and wise way of dealing with it. You know you won't change their behaviour so it makes perfect sense to simply manage the situation with the minimum of fuss.
    I've never consciously thought it like that (not changing their behaviour) but you are right.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    I manage it mostly by not getting drunk in his presence,  but it was my lads 21st and he feels the same way I (and 90%of the human race) do and he doesn't feel he yet has the authority to challenge grandad,  he has my blessing obviously, family or not that shite does not get spoken in my house. 
    They've gone back to Scotland now so peace and harmony is restored :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    sweet.