The latest on Dressage .....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337

‘Where’s my f*cking medal’ demands horse

http://newsthump.com/2016/08/15/wheres-my-fcking-medal-demands-horse/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    we wre discussing dressage at band practice this week. According to our bassist its supposed to be a demonstration of martial prowess to intimidate an enemy.

Which lead me to 2 conclusions:

Presumably face with a monuted horse unit that can dance the enemy is supposed think, Shit if theyve got that many horses that can dance image hom many horses they must have in total.

and secondly.

Tank Dressage should totally be in the olympics.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Are the red arrows aerial dressage?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I dunno, it's like sending Wayne Sleep over the trenches to show how hard your army is
    My V key is broken
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    It struck me while watching it that most of the horses didn't appear to be enjoying it much. There was one horse who seemed to be having a whale of a time and who regarded his rider as an annoying appendage but he was definitely in a minority.
    holnrew said:
    I dunno, it's like sending Wayne Sleep over the trenches to show how hard your army is
    That sounds like the plot for some kind of caper movie.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    A good dressage horse is a particular character type - you can't force a random horse to do it. It takes a lot of training and practice because the horse has to 'get it' from the start. Horses have to be old enough to start the training and after a few years they are too old - they lose their edge very much like gymnasts do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Chalky said:
    A good dressage horse is a particular character type - you can't force a random horse to do it. It takes a lot of training and practice because the horse has to 'get it' from the start. Horses have to be old enough to start the training and after a few years they are too old - they lose their edge very much like gymnasts do.
    Takes the riders years to learn how to do it too - most of it is in how they position their legs and seat in the saddle.  According to my missus, who is into all things 4 legged and smelly, it's very difficult and takes a lot of practice.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Jalapeno said:
     it's very difficult and takes a lot of practice.
    Yeah but they would say that wouldn't they.

If you asked a Refuse Management Officer (Dustman to you and me) if chucking peoples sh*te in the back of a lorry was easy they'd probably say it's very difficult and takes a lot of training.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28202
    So what you're saying is that people who do things for a living have a deeper understanding of those things than armchair commentators? ;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259
    I definitely think Dressage with Hip Hop is a massive improvement:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Dressage = Horse Disco
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    axisus said:
    Jalapeno said:
     it's very difficult and takes a lot of practice.
    Yeah but they would say that wouldn't they.

If you asked a Refuse Management Officer (Dustman to you and me) if chucking peoples sh*te in the back of a lorry was easy they'd probably say it's very difficult and takes a lot of training.
    I wouldn't call it easy. It's not something I'd be any good at. I respect bin men for the early starts and physical work. I'd like to see how you'd fare at a week of doing it.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Jalapeno said:
    Chalky said:
    Takes the riders years to learn how to do it too - most of it is in how they position their legs and seat in the saddle.  According to my missus, who is into all things 4 legged and smelly, it's very difficult and takes a lot of practice.
    You could say the same about sucking your own dick. Doesn't mean it doesn't look ridiculous.
    Bidley said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Chalky said:
    You could say the same about sucking your own dick. Doesn't mean it doesn't look ridiculous.
    At least that's worth doing.

My V key is broken
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Bidley said:
    There's plenty of other sports that look ridiculous - speed walking for example. Laugh at the prancing horses by all means, but don't belittle how hard it is and how dedicated the practitioners are.

Out of this thread ...........
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Bidley said:
    Jalapeno said:
    How often do you practice @Bidley ? I can hardly bend down to tie my shoe laces, so I think it would be a long road for me....
    CloudNine said:
    Bidley said:
    Jalapeno said:
    How often do you practice @Bidley ? I can hardly bend down to tie my shoe laces, so I think it would be a long road for me....
    I get your mum to do it for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well I treat your mum just like one of those Dressage horses. I ride her, and make her dance for me as well.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You must have pretty low standards.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    What a bullshit Olympic event. Should be banned