Incoming Mesa Boogie JP2C

sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 726

Just hit the button on one of these,

Great service from guitar guitar again. I am hoping this one is going to replace thee JJ and the Butterslax.

Anybody used the cab clone to record on this amp?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's one expensive amp - if I get the Atma, that plus the MJW and the HT5 (which I'm sure I'll go for in trade) will cost the same lol. Still, it's a mega amp - look forward to the review (and clips).
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    That's one expensive amp - if I get the Atma, that plus the MJW and the HT5 (which I'm sure I'll go for in trade) will cost the same lol. Still, it's a mega amp - look forward to the review (and clips).

I have to say that's good going - deliberate for months on whether to get a valve amp or not, then buy three of them!
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I've used the built in CabClone live and to record on the MkV:25 and think it sounds pretty good. I may be in the minority there though.
  • @dindude - that's how my GAS rolls :lol:
  • TinTin Frets: 4
    The cab clone sounds 'best' (relatively speaking) when a speaker is connected to the amp and is engaged via the speaker-on switch. The downside is that of course you can't do this silently!

In the speaker-off mode, you get silent recording but the cab clone provides a non-reactive load and doesn't behave like a typical speaker.

The cab clone out also provides a speaker/cab simulation - it cannot be disabled in the DI-out. But as an alternative the slave out can be used to capture the sound after the power amp stage. To be honest, I find the cab simulation to be rather poor!

For recording, I have had far, far better results using a Torpedo Reload and a set of impulse responses.

If I didn't have a reactive load, I would use the cab clone to load down the power stage, but record the slave out rather than use the DI. Applying an IR to that signal is going to sound infinitely better than using the inbuilt cab clone simulation.

• sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 726
    I'll pick up a two notes live :-)
  • TinTin Frets: 4
    That is a great choice! I am sure you will like the results ;)