Has Robert Keeley been at the Redbull?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Looking at the form factor of these pedals http://www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/?category=Standard+Series I wouldn't be surprised if these were Spin FV1 pedals too. Almost exactly like the Keeley stuff layout wise.
    Not personally, but check out this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=104291.0

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
    edited August 2016
    Yeah seems an awful lot of pedals are going FV-1! The more demos I listen to the more I can begin to pick it out. Seems to me the Bitquest is still the most innovative use of the chip. Still crying about no presets though.

@Magnetic_Effects Haha, I was just on your site GASing over the Satellite! Cracking pedal that bud.
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader

Using DSP for time and modulation based effects is the way the majority of pedals are done these days.

@colourofsound Thanks!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    Alexander is an early adopter of the FV-1 I understand. I like their stuff, it sounds and feels good.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I get updates email weekly on at least three new pedals/variants each time...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    It's the same approach used by TC, Source, Boss, Digitech, Strymon, etc.

The only people who are direct about it are Neunaber.

For a small company I don't think they could afford the r&d unless they were building a platform.
    Yes, it's interesting that Neunaber seem to be the only ones who sell then enclosure and give away the algorithms for free..
    Not exactly true - TC's modulation pedals all have interchangeable Toneprints, available for free. The delays and reverbs are apparently slightly different internally.

Not sure about the others (compressors, octaver etc).
    It's possible that the delay pedals are slightly different (have a bit of extra ram or what have you), but I wouldn't be surprised if they are all the same board with some components not populated.