Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FX Pedals - what's good?

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27107
    I'm sure! I just don't really care about ANOTHER comparison between boutique drive pedals. Everyone knows they're all basically the same. 

(I mean, not literally the same, but enough the same that I don't need 6 of them!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Zcat Qmod, nice chorus, phaser, flanger, trem with reverb, brilliant bit of kit
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28386
    Mr Sticky; you need an Exar MultiWah. Such serendipity; I am selling mine! Includes lilo footpump as pictured.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/sale/Pedals/Small/Multiwah A.JPG
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited August 2016
    ^ a wah pedal is incomplete without an added breast pump
  • Who actually uses all these pedals regularly in a gigging fashion?
  • Apart from The Edge :lol: 
  • Get a Phaser
  • WarpedSoundsWarpedSounds Frets: 79
    edited August 2016
    What style of music do you play?

Weirdly enough, I'd recommend a Line6 M5. Cheap, fun to play, some great/unique sounds, true bypass, additional tuner etc. It might not be high end, but it can be surprisingly inspiring. 
  • How about one of those digitech trio + jobbies? I can imagine that finding band mates in Abu Dhabi(?) might be a bit difficult... 
  • Chorus pedal?
    edited August 2016
    Thanks all. In terms of style I play anything this side of metal. I'm equally happy playing ACDC or Radiohead or Band of Horses or the Beatles. I'm covered for simple rock sounds, but interested in more options for playing at home. Dare I say the word "ambient" without sprouting a beard and only ever playing offsets forever.

I'm not gigging so I can get a bit crazy if I fancy. I reckon a decent reverb with options (probably not big sky but something cheaper with switchable options?) then a half-decent looper and something else swirly. Perhaps I should finally try and find a trem I enjoy.

Are there any good pedals that do a combination of trem/phase/flange/chorus that are switchable (without going into big multis like the Mobius or M9?)

Who actually uses all these pedals regularly in a gigging fashion?
    When I was gigging I used delay and volume sweets a lot for originals, and a Line 6 M9 for covers (flange, phaser, delay, reverb)
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Thanks all. In terms of style I play anything this side of metal. I'm equally happy playing ACDC or Radiohead or Band of Horses or the Beatles. I'm covered for simple rock sounds, but interested in more options for playing at home. Dare I say the word "ambient" without sprouting a beard and only ever playing offsets forever.

I'm not gigging so I can get a bit crazy if I fancy. I reckon a decent reverb with options (probably not big sky but something cheaper with switchable options?) then a half-decent looper and something else swirly. Perhaps I should finally try and find a trem I enjoy.

Are there any good pedals that do a combination of trem/phase/flange/chorus that are switchable (without going into big multis like the Mobius or M9?)

When I was gigging I used delay and volume sweets a lot for originals, and a Line 6 M9 for covers (flange, phaser, delay, reverb)
    The Zoom ms70cdr would give you the chance to play with lots of different effects. 
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• Sporky said:
    Mr Sticky; you need an Exar MultiWah. Such serendipity; I am selling mine! Includes lilo footpump as pictured.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/sale/Pedals/Small/Multiwah A.JPG

I want that so much. Sounds like a really useful pedal! Odd design though. Can you get spare breast pumps for it?
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Alexander Effects Radical Delay.
    dchwhite said:

The Zoom ms70cdr would give you the chance to play with lots of different effects. 
    I don't really want to play with lots of fx though, to be honest. I think if went multi I'd want to go more for a Helix kinda thing to give tonnes of routing and looping and crazy shit. 

I need to do some sums. Maybe if that replaced the Vibe/Whammy/Timefactor it wouldn't cost a crazy amount of money compared to buying another couple of separate pedals.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    That's was the way I got into helix. It replaced a bunch of pedals that nearly covered the cost. Now it's replaced a load more that i was unsure about (like my chase bliss stuff) and has easily covered the cost. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5159
    stickyfiddle said:

delay and volume sweets
    That's what I'm going to start calling it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    That's like saying you don't need a 335 because you've got an Ibanez RG that has humbuckers. Analogue octave sounds different, even if digital does more.

Exactly. Digital pitch shifting sounds like warm turd unless you spend a small fortune. Analogue is fat and warm and makes all sorts of nice noises if you over-stimulate it. 

ahem.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    stickyfiddle said:

delay and volume sweets
    That's what I'm going to start calling it.
    Yeah i will get on that one too. I love alternative words for things.

It works on other levels too.
    "Today i'm going to work on my sweet picking".

If it were me i would put all the other pedals away and use a Cornish CC1 and the amp / guitar volume but if you want swirly, whooshy stuff that doesn't stop when you do, i don't think you can beat the eventide stuff.
    @bintytwanger77 knows what i mean and i'm sure many others do.

If you've got to have them separate then i am rather smitten by the Flight time delay, Digitech Polara (Had one and loved it), anything with Moog written on it and i like EQD stuff especially the grand orbiter phaser.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom