Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FX Pedals - what's good?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2016
    If you want to play more guitar Mike, and from what I can see, you're pretty much covered with all your pedals, Julian's suggestion of the Digitech Trio or a Looper would be good and fun. How about some recording software to bring out your creative side?

Oh, go for an Eventide H9 and you'll probably not need look at another fx pedal for a lot more than 18 months.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    Get a used H9 Max for c. £400 (or indeed a new one) and an expression pedal. You'll be making noises you didn't know were possible, and the app via Bluetooth makes tweaking and experimenting a breeze. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    TimmyO said:
    Get a used H9 Max for c. £400 (or indeed a new one) and an expression pedal. You'll be making noises you didn't know were possible, and the app via Bluetooth makes tweaking and experimenting a breeze. 
    ....or you'll get annoyed with the single-algo limitation and the need to use an app via touch screen and sell it after the honeymoon wears off :)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    TimmyO said:
    ....or you'll get annoyed with the single-algo limitation and the need to use an app via touch screen and sell it after the honeymoon wears off :)
    Or berate the lack of android app!
    And why do I need another pedal to switch through my presets?

Still love the sounds though, wish I had bought one sooner
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    TimmyO said:
    Well, there are algorithms with multiple effects in, where that makes sense

And

If you bought one when you really wanted a multifx unit, then yes, because you bought the wrong thing
    Red ones are better. 

TimmyO said:

you don't need another pedal to change presets. 

But if you do choose to add anywhere from a single to a triple external switch, you then have the ability to assign those 3-5 buttons to anything at all. something no other pedal does. 

The common theme with people flipping them quickly seems to be a complaint it doesn't work exactly the way the thing they originally wanted which does less works. imho. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

Still love the sounds though, wish I had bought one sooner
    Or sell it and then really wish you hadn't and pine for it every day.

Ahem.

WHAT? Come on, it's me, what did you expect?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    TimmyO said:

TimmyO said:

But if you do choose to add anywhere from a single to a triple external switch, you then have the ability to assign those 3-5 buttons to anything at all. something no other pedal does. 

The common theme with people flipping them quickly seems to be a complaint it doesn't work exactly the way the thing they originally wanted which does less works. imho. 
    you do need another pedal ideally. Yes I can press preset and hope for the best as I scroll the middle wheel button thing with my foot. I know the designated tap button does patch up by default etc but its a faff to go backwards. 

dont get me wrong I love my pedal and think it is brilliant but I do think it would benefit from being the same size as the factor pedals and having the knob layout
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    TimmyO said:

TimmyO said:

you do need another pedal ideally. Yes I can press preset and hope for the best as I scroll the middle wheel button thing with my foot. I know the designated tap button does patch up by default etc but its a faff to go backwards. 

dont get me wrong I love my pedal and think it is brilliant but I do think it would benefit from being the same size as the factor pedals and having the knob layout
    Well if you wish it was bigger with more footswitches, buy an additional external footswitch :-) 

Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

TimmyO said:

Well if you wish it was bigger with more footswitches, buy an additional external footswitch :-) 

I have :-)
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    None of them. They're all bad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you've 'never had a proper tube screamer' get a Fulltone Fulldrive II - sorted!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/