Five Guys

What's Hot

Comments

• adamrossadamross Frets: 18
    Five Guys are awesome, you're meant to eat it from the foil people who are dropping half the burger!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Got a mate who is absolutely obsessed with this place. If we go to a gig, or go see a comedian, or just visiting London in general, he will try and drag us down there to witness their delights.

'You can have a beer and a burger!' Well I can do that down my local as well, at a cheaper price and it'll probably taste better.

Plus...most importantly of all, it has a shit name.

'So you'd pay over twenty quid for Five Guys to fill you up?'
    'Yes'
    'Ha...gaaaaaaay!'
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    edited August 2016
    I went a few days ago, it was nice but very over priced. I shared a medium chips with my old man and they were more than enough for us but it is expensive. I did like that I could have as much in my burger as I wanted though, that was cool. 

I wouldn't eat there all the time because i would get fat and my bank account would get slim but I would go back again. 
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    If any of you are ever in Newcastle or Durham, there is a place called the fat hippo they do some of the best burgers in the business! They do a burger topped with peanut butter and bacon jam. It sounds disgusting but it was one of the nicest burgers I have ever 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I like Five guys  burgers, the fries are epic though. However we went to smash burger in MK and it offers the same quality, greater variety at a much cheaper price.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • adamrossadamross Frets: 18
    ThorpyFX said:
    I like Five guys  burgers, the fries are epic though. However we went to smash burger in MK and it offers the same quality, greater variety at a much cheaper price.
    Smash burger is also awesome.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Five Guys means this to me - the great Louis Jordan (the real creator of Rock'n'Roll)

(There's loads of artisinal burger joints these days - don't think there's enough demand for all them tbh)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    If any of you are ever in Newcastle or Durham, there is a place called the fat hippo they do some of the best burgers in the business! They do a burger topped with peanut butter and bacon jam. It sounds disgusting but it was one of the nicest burgers I have ever 
    Bacon Jam is just an amazing thing itself, always have a jar in the fridge 
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Been to the one in Bristol Cabot Circus, terrible. Felt like a McDonalds for rich teenagers and hipsters. I can't help but think that they're attracted to the vibe rather than the food because the burgers there were rubbish. Sloppy, soggy, thin and made from what tasted like cheap mince.

There's a pub around the corner from my work that do burgers that are miles superior and for a cheaper price too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Good after a piss up. But homemade burgers are better
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2016
    I really like 5 guys burgers.Theyre just the right level of greasy. It is too expensive for what it is though.
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    edited August 2016
    I had a burger from Tongue 'n Cheek last week. Their patties are 50% ox heart, 50% dry aged beef and it was the best burger I have tried in a long time.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    In my yoof I would consume vast amounts of burgers and chilli and Kebabs (even in a single sitting/standing). These days my palet is more refined and that photo makes me cringe. The second best burger I have eaten was at the Ferry Boat Inn Felixstowe, a full burger, salad and fries meal for a lot less than that and a thick patty of real beef too.
    People seem to follow the trendy places and pay whatever is asked to be in those trendy places, I always resisted that even when i was young and trendy!

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I like them as a pre-gig treat...But they aren't cheap, as has been said. 

It's fast food using not shit ingredients, so the burgers actually have flavour. Still not worthy of their price tag though. The unlimited drinks with 100's of weird flavour combos is a winner though! 
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    I went there once thinking I would be getting a quality burger. MASSIVE disappointment. Tasted no better than the scrotum burgers you get in Burger King and you end up paying way more than it's worth. Plenty of better options around for same or very little more money.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited August 2016
    Go to Byron, fresh imported produce, oops staff.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Byron is good - the Courgette fries are lovely. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    joneve said:
    Byron is good - the Courgette fries are lovely. 
    Yes but yet another upmarket burger joint, like Real Burger co etc etc
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Too expensive but they're basically McDonalds/Burger King done better... Sometimes that's what I fancy.

You can ask for extra of any ingredient, including cheese and bacon. The chips are the best thing though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish someone would do a good fried chicken place. Feels like every second place is a burger place these days