Anyone keep a diary?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
I kept diaries for 10 years through my 20s. Nothing deeply personal or revealing. Stuff I didn't want others to read I wrote in LotR runes. I stopped when I started going out with Mrs A. She kept wanting to read them, and she figured out the runes so she could read that stuff as well! I hid them away and stopped at that point. It's very rare for me to look at them now (buried in the loft), but when I do, it really takes you back to the day. It's actually quite a nice thing to have, particularly over the highs and lows of student life. Anyone else ever keep a diary?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5630

I only ever kept a diary throughout the last few years of my marriage.  The abuse was so intense I felt the need to document the crap she was putting me and the kids through.  I used to use my phone to record 'conversations' and take photo's of injuries received etc.  Then I would email it to myself and keep it safe in case I ever needed it.

I haven't referred to it in years but I will never delete it just in case she ever came back and tried to claim custody of the kids or make false allegations that I was abusing her.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No but I now want to write everything in runes whatever they are. Do you mean you right everything in code essentially? 

Don't do it, but I think it's good for a lot of people to externalise stuff and move on each night, writing stuff down makes your dramas seem a bit pointless or more easily overcome.

Never thought about it to relive things though
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I do.

I use a journaling app. It's password protected too so there's no danger of anyone else reading it. I find it a great way of externalising any issues I'm having and a fair bit of it doesn't seem half as bad once it's written down.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    As a teen, I wrote a diary for a few months, but it was just full of notes about what I'd had for breakfast and dinner, and which record I bought. Might possibly have written down which girls were rejecting my advances, but that info could have fallen into the hands of the enemy (three sisters).

As an adult, I've always done some sort of writing/typing as a job, so I've never felt like doing more of it 'for fun'. Using a diary as an emotional aide memoire isn't my thing it seems.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    For about 18 months when I was about 12.

Haven't read them since, but somewhere in there I documented my first wank.

Funnily enough I stopped writing it soon after. I guess I found something else to occupy my time before bed.
    All practice and no theory
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    dafuzz said:
    Haven't read them since, but somewhere in there I documented my first wank.
    Science has not yet discovered the answer for cum-glued-pages, so you'll never know.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I keep a dream diary (which isn't as lame as it sounds...)

I have veryyyy vivid horrific dreams.  Won't bore with the details, but safe to say I've (dream) seen enough graphic bodies and paralysis to last a life time

So one way to combat this is to write the dreams down when you wake, in the best detail you can.  Then read through them and alter the endings to null the negatives.  Over time, I have a little more control over the dreams, or at least I can realise they are dreams.

To be fair to the other half, she always wakes and wakes me if I'm breathing funny, as that is usually a sign

It's an odd read afterwards, makes me wonder what the hell i've seen and blanked out as I have no idea what else the images come from
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited September 2016
    I've got the teenage diaries.  I'm not brave enough to look at those just yet.
    And I've got sporadic outpourings in various notebooks.
    They've said pretty much the same stuff for decades:

• I have one from 1998 if any one wants it. 
    Pristine. 
    Ppg £5
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I tried a couple of times and did the usual 'make two entries and then never look at it again'.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    No.
  • I kept a diary when I lived in Austria for a year and regularly read it back, I wouldn't show it to anybody else but if they found it then is probably be fine as it is written in a bizarre mixed English and German language that wouldn't make a lot of sense unless you wrote it. I live with my partner now so I'm not allowed to express feelings otherwise I'd consider doing it again for a set period of time.

Incidentally, I code up my checked and received post and invoices at work in Nordic Runes, which is quite fun
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic