Comments

• Damn only one available, needed 2 :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe it's worth it if you have a '54 tele missing it's bridge pickup?

It's not like you can buy one at Strings Direct?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cheers for the link, I'm looking for one that reads a mild 6.54k rather than a strong 7.10k
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited September 2016
    On the one hand, yeah.  It's a joke. For someone to whom (like me) the whole vintage thing is anathema, spending an amount of money like that on a pickup seems very silly when the same amount would probably get you in to the low end of the Custom Shop for a whole guitar. 

Then again, what would a playable '54 Esquire cost? Guesswork - £20, £30k?  If you had one without a bridge pickup, probably a lot less. If you've got that sort of wedge to drop on the guitar, £2.1k for the pickup starts to make more sense. 

I doubt it it would do much for a Mexi Standard though :)

Edit - beaten to it
  • randella said:
    On the one hand, yeah.  It's a joke. For someone to whom (like me) the whole vintage thing is anathema, spending an amount of money like that on a pickup seems very silly when the same amount would probably get you in to the low end of the Custom Shop for a whole guitar. 

Then again, what would a playable '54 Esquire cost? Guesswork - £20, £30k?  If you had one without a bridge pickup, probably a lot less. If you've got that sort of wedge to drop on the guitar, £2.1k for the pickup starts to make more sense. 

Edit - beaten to it
    You said it better though ;)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    randella said:

Edit - beaten to it
    You said it better though ;)
    Very kind of you! It doesn't happen often :)
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Stick that pickup in ten teles, and you´ll have ten slightly different sounds. Stick a load of bare knuckles, oil city masterwounds, lollars, fralins, bulldogs ect in the same guitar and nobody would be able to spot the original. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    edited September 2016
    I've been looking through their store. I'm a fan of this body, which is both sonic blue and seafoam green, and yet it is neither.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    At least he had the decency to put this once-special guitar back together with buLLSHIIIIT REPRO PARTS