Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Carpe Diem now available from Andertons - with a TPS reference in the advert

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I wonder if you buy a pedal based on a TPS review from Andertons or Riff City and are having hassle with the store, will TPS help you with your case seeing as how you bought from one of said stores on their recommendations.  
    My gut instinct is hell no lol. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd probably say no as well. Aside from them being on YouTube and it perhaps being a little more public, there's no difference to me recommending a retailer to someone at a gig who liked my sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
    edited September 2016
    @Winny_Pooh Nope

@mattdavis Yeah i saw that too today. It's probably pretty difficult for them to juggle making it fiscally worth while vs getting stick for 'selling out'. I think they've nipped that in the bud as best they can
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    I'm tempted by the Carpe Diem. I read above that one owner doesn't find it that special or different sounding to other overdrives. Is there another pedal it is similar sounding to?

I'm always interested in overdrives that don't have too much compression, I like a nice sharp attack and get that from my JRAD Archer but would love another drive with more gain but retaining that fast attack.
    It's definitely a MIAB-style, of which there are *many*

I do happen to think it's a bit special/different - I really like the low and high drive controls and there is *something* there that tickles my ears (is the only way I can put it) - a bit more interesting in the dirt - not brighter per se but you notice it. 

It may be as simple as to do with the clipping style as someone mentioned above but at the moment it beats my MkI Guv'nor off the board. Granted you could probably buy 2 clean MkI Guv'nors for the price of a Carpe Diem, but I suppose all I'm saying is that to my ears, it's not just a run of the mill OD style. 

Red ones are better. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    TimmyO said:
    I'm tempted by the Carpe Diem. I read above that one owner doesn't find it that special or different sounding to other overdrives. Is there another pedal it is similar sounding to?

I'm always interested in overdrives that don't have too much compression, I like a nice sharp attack and get that from my JRAD Archer but would love another drive with more gain but retaining that fast attack.
    It's definitely a MIAB-style, of which there are *many*

I do happen to think it's a bit special/different - I really like the low and high drive controls and there is *something* there that tickles my ears (is the only way I can put it) - a bit more interesting in the dirt - not brighter per se but you notice it. 

It may be as simple as to do with the clipping style as someone mentioned above but at the moment it beats my MkI Guv'nor off the board. Granted you could probably buy 2 clean MkI Guv'nors for the price of a Carpe Diem, but I suppose all I'm saying is that to my ears, it's not just a run of the mill OD style. 

The more jfet based drives I build the more I've come to realise I prefer the sound and the response vs opamp diode clipping.  They seem to sound more natural imho.  
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    Aren't the BD-2 and OD-3 jfet ? I like both of those too actually.

And the SHO and Box of Rock I think?
    Red ones are better.