Mini Amps & Micro Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Sassafras said:
    You're right but they look so dinky. I think they're about the size of a pedal.

what's the smallest cab you can get mate? 
    About 8" square:
    http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/chuya-online/cabinet/set14000/s13911.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    edited September 2016
    Had a Marshall MS2 for many years, now have a Blackstar Fly 3.

The Blackstar is so much better it's hardly believable, but I do think the unusual power supply was an odd design decision.

I have got it working with a generic switchable voltage power supply even though the voltage and amps aren't exactly as specified. Not sure if that is potentially dangerous or will damage the amp. Battery life is pretty good too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mart said:
    Sassafras said:
    You're right but they look so dinky. I think they're about the size of a pedal.

what's the smallest cab you can get mate? 
    About 8" square:
    http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/chuya-online/cabinet/set14000/s13911.jpg
    Nice....

Jeremiah said:
    Had a Marshall MS2 for many years, now have a Blackstar Fly 3.

The Blackstar is so much better it's hardly believable, but I do think the unusual power supply was an odd design decision.

I have got it working with a generic switchable voltage power supply even though the voltage and amps aren't exactly as specified. Not sure if that is potentially dangerous or will damage the amp. Battery life is pretty good too.

Yeah why does the Fly 3 use such a weird power supply?  @ecc83 @ICBM ;
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Any love out there for the Pignose? I have one and "something" went wrong when I tried it with a PSU...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    Any love out there for the Pignose? I have one and "something" went wrong when I tried it with a PSU...
    I don't have one but I love Schenkers pignose tone on the Lights Out album.  
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Rocker said:

I've got one.
    Did it just not work or did it make weird whistling noises? You have to get the polarity right, centre positive. If it made weird noises, you need a regulated supply.
    They're great little amps with a lot more sounds than the single volume control would suggest.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    The nice thing about those Hotone amps is you can use them through any size cab, even a 4x12.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom