North Korea's nuclear weapons programme

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    sinbaadi said:
    I think a civil uprising/revolution in N.Korea is more and more likely. 
    It would be interesting to see what China and the West did in that scenario.
    Nah. Army is too powerful. they'd get crushed like ants.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Let him get on with it, we've screwed up enough with our foreign policies, plus china arent going to want the threat of a nuclear exchange on their doorstep - let them sort him out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1307
    axisus said:
    sinbaadi said:
    I think a civil uprising/revolution in N.Korea is more and more likely. 
    It would be interesting to see what China and the West did in that scenario.
    Nah. Army is too powerful. they'd get crushed like ants.
    A rebellion would need some serious foreign assistance to succeed.  I think it would be a good excuse for China to step in on purely humanitarian grounds.  I wouldn't put it past them to engineer such a circumstance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the west and china will know exactly where these nukes are being manufactured. even they can't hide the kinds of equipment needed to enrich uranium and all the rest of the procedures needed to make a viable nuke. atm what they are making is huge, the real danger will come if/when they make one small enough to tip a crude missile with a bit of range.whether they'd have the cojones to threaten anyone with it only time will tell, but i'd expect china to deal "diplomatically" with it, and if that failed i could see a united nations flag being used to sanction strikes on the plants involved and communication networks, government sites, road/rail infrastructure etc, probably via cruise missiles. to destroy what they have built and stun the command structure into thinking twice about launching a retaliatory cross border invasion.
    the only thing that is certain is that at some stage this fruitloop is going to attempt some sabre rattling involving nukes, then all bets are off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom