NPD - Friedman BE-OD

What's Hot
Just arrived in the post and looking forward to trying it out through my Carr Rambler tomorrow on my day off. It'll take a lot to kick my trusty Suhr Riot off the board but we'll see.....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It will though.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The Riot is history for sure. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Riot is history for sure. 
    What he said....
  • monkey42 said:
    The Riot is history for sure. 
    What he said....
    thirded!
  • Turrah Riot. (And I loved the Riot, like you)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 366
    edited September 2016
    I'm getting a bit nervous now, can't believe my old faithful is in jeapordy - gulp!
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3476
    edited September 2016
    I secretly hoped it wouldn't knock my Marvel V3 off the board as it was an insanely cool pedal...but it did. And I knew it would, within seconds, literally. 

The Riot won't last long, trust us.

• Yep. Fourthed. 
  • I picked up one. It does sound superb. I did have the gain at 0 though and was still pretty driven so I'll have to get the screwdriver out. but I ran it though the helix pedal loop and into stereo 4x12s. It sounded just like my BE
  • Initially I thought it was a bit OTT for me from a clean amp to all out Friedman mayhem. I'll try turning the internal gain pot down later...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Initially I thought it was a bit OTT for me from a clean amp to all out Friedman mayhem. I'll try turning the internal gain pot down later...
    Yeah, turn it down! It's ridiculous at the factory set midway position... I've settled on running mine at about 10 o'clock.
  • The more I play this pedal the more I love it!

• set internal just under half is where ive found the sweet spot, works also that way adding a bit of hair to a crunch channel, Its been run through a deville 4x10 , dr z db , ss100 . jj100 and a dirty shirley all with excellent results, probably one of the best pedals on the market at what it does, it can get my dirty shirley very close to my jj100
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3334
    Tried one tonight through a Morgan amp (dead clean) and was impressed. The pedal really does sound like an amp. Loads of gain and harmonics and the Tight feature is very good.

As someone said here, even at zero, there's gain but the guys at Guitar Guitar recommended what leerocker said here i.e. turn down the internal trimpot as it looks like it's been set to full or stun.

Not for me but impressive.
  • Tried mine again tonight through my mates Marshall Bass and Treble 20 head. Sounded great but found not too much difference from my Riot + Compressor so it's going back. Not because it's not a great pedal just not worth nearly £200 for very little improvement on my current setup...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
    edited September 2016
    Tried mine again tonight through my mates Marshall Bass and Treble 20 head. Sounded great but found not too much difference from my Riot + Compressor so it's going back. Not because it's not a great pedal just not worth nearly £200 for very little improvement on my current setup..

No, no, no, no.... Look at it like this, if the British Olympic cycling team can spend 50k on paint that makes their bike frames 0.34 grams lighter, then you are allowed to spend £200 on an almost imperceptible tonal improvement to your guitar rig. You need to follow their example. Anything less would be unpatriotic. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @firepaulmusic you're just trying to prove us all wrong, I bet you live the pedal really and will secretly keep it.

Seriously though, the Riot is a quality pedal and if that gets you where you want, crack on mate. Good choice! What compressor are you using?

• @firepaulmusic you're just trying to prove us all wrong, I bet you live the pedal really and will secretly keep it.

Seriously though, the Riot is a quality pedal and if that gets you where you want, crack on mate. Good choice! What compressor are you using?
    It's just your bog standard CS-3. I did find a new amp to lust over though - Marshall Lead and Bass 20 head and 2x12 cab. What a dynamic amp as a clean base for pedals...also he's got a Thorpy Peacekeeper which I really liked. The Gunshot may be my next OD experiment.
  • The Gunshot is extremely versatile, and really blimmin' good
  • I have to be honest, I remember a better lead sound fron the Riot. And comparing the Gunshot, its definitely a sweeter and nicer sound when playing lead work. However, the Friedman does what it does incredibly well, i dont use it for lead stuff anyway.

@firepaulmusic cant recomment the Gunshot enough, i love it! Makes the notes just bloom and theres tonnes of dynamics on tap.