NPD - Friedman BE-OD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
    edited September 2016
    I was ABing the Gunshot and the BE OD the other night and trying to decide which was better, but I quickly decided that I was wasting my time. They are just different flavours of wonderful,  and it just depends which one you are in the mood for. I've been trying to get down to 3 dirt pedals & I have 7 that I just  can't seem to part with. There are just too many good ones out there now....  &  I'm still eying up the Thorpy FX Warthog! I need help. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @StrummyBrummie list them! :-)

I agree, I can't say which is best out of either, they both do different things for me. Love them both!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Can you imagine how huge our pedalboards would have to be if we stuck with every OD & Distortion pedal we'd bought over the years?
  • @StrummyBrummie list them! :-)

I agree, I can't say which is best out of either, they both do different things for me. Love them both!

Ok, as well as the the Gunshot and the BE OD I have a Pete Cornish CC 1, an Original Zen Drive, a mid nineties big box reissue Rat, a JRAD Ikon, a Fulltone Catalyst & a DBA Apocalypse. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sassafras god knows, they'd be huge!

@StrummyBrummie, I see your dilemma! haha. Nice collection. I've recently gone trough a purge and whittled about 7 down to a Klone, Gunshot and BE-OD. Hard to do though. The way I saw it is that those three have similar tones, just different gain levels. When I say "similar", I mean loosely.

• @Sassafras god knows, they'd be huge!

@StrummyBrummie, I see your dilemma! haha. Nice collection. I've recently gone trough a purge and whittled about 7 down to a Klone, Gunshot and BE-OD. Hard to do though. The way I saw it is that those three have similar tones, just different gain levels. When I say "similar", I mean loosely.

I had it down to the Gunshot, the CC1, the Ikon & the Apocalypse & swore that was it, but less than a month later I'd managed to buy all the others and a Maxon SD 9.  It's madness really, particularly when one of my amps is a Mk V. 
  • I think there's enough crossover to be able to rule one of the CC-1 or Ikon out of the equation, if that helps. I managed to pick my favourite out of those two (well, a Klone)! Close call though!

Haha, as if the Mk V wasn't enough already!!!

• I tried the BE-OD yesterday in guitarguitar. Put it through the Fender Mike Landau amp, with a CS tele. I was very impressed with it, especially the way it cleans up on the guitar volume. May yet buy one, but I do already have a BE100 :-)
  • I think there's enough crossover to be able to rule one of the CC-1 or Ikon out of the equation, if that helps. I managed to pick my favourite out of those two (well, a Klone)! Close call though!

Haha, as if the Mk V wasn't enough already!!!

For my own purposes I don't find much crossover between the two. The Ikon is a better booster than the CC 1(either for other pedals or any amp I've tried it with),but isn't really up to much as a stand alone OD (not awful, just not special), and the CC1 is a killer OD into a clean amp and the buffer is the best I've come across, not to mention the marvellous EQ. 
  • I tried the BE-OD yesterday in guitarguitar. Put it through the Fender Mike Landau amp, with a CS tele. I was very impressed with it, especially the way it cleans up on the guitar volume. May yet buy one, but I do already have a BE100 :-)
    I do too
    this is lighter though ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    I tried the BE-OD yesterday in guitarguitar. Put it through the Fender Mike Landau amp, with a CS tele. I was very impressed with it, especially the way it cleans up on the guitar volume. May yet buy one, but I do already have a BE100 :-)
    I do too
    wis'd. However my other option is a '71 Twin so I'm screwed either way :-( I'm going to borrow one an try in through the Twin, then AB it against the Friedman.
  • Cabicular said:
    I tried the BE-OD yesterday in guitarguitar. Put it through the Fender Mike Landau amp, with a CS tele. I was very impressed with it, especially the way it cleans up on the guitar volume. May yet buy one, but I do already have a BE100 :-)
    I do too
    wis'd. However my other option is a '71 Twin so I'm screwed either way :-( I'm going to borrow one an try in through the Twin, then AB it against the Friedman.

You can snag mine for the evening I you fancy. 
  • Cabicular said:
    I do too

You can snag mine for the evening I you fancy. 
    You're a kind man, as always :-)