NGD: JJ Jewel

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
Well, this was a actually a NGD over a week ago - I've just not had the chance to show it to you all due to getting utterly shafted at work! Anyway, that's by the by. Here it is. A truly beautiful JJ Jewel. I've had two before and regretted selling both. Saw this, and although I paid slightly over the odds, I had to have it. It was worth it as it plays wonderfully and sounds great. Oh, and it looks the part too.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice, whats the neck like on these?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    Sweet :D

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Nice which pickups are fitted to this?  
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    Thanks chaps. It really is a wonderful guitar. 

Very nice, whats the neck like on these?
    I guess it's like a classic D shape neck; neither too slim nor too chunky. Reminds me somewhat of a PRS McCarty model.

Adam_MD said:
    Nice which pickups are fitted to this?  
    I'm fairly certain they're stock pickups but they sound fine to me. However, having said that, I'm thinking of fitting some Bareknuckle Blue Notes or some Bulldog pickups in to beef it up a bit. Need to find myself a suitable amp to go with it next. I was hoping to find a Wienbrock if anyone has one?....
  • that is nice
  • None gibson/Fender NGD's are the best! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Always like them except the headstock. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    beed84 said:
    I'm fairly certain they're stock pickups but they sound fine to me. However, having said that, I'm thinking of fitting some Bareknuckle Blue Notes or some Bulldog pickups in to beef it up a bit.
    I remember mine had some kind of code which I didn't recognise.

I think I might actually like slightly less output, but mine may well have different pickups (mine's the satin model).
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    I'm a fan of these Jewels.  Got one myself (also a twin P90 model) and it's one of my "not for sale" guitars.

Excellent NGD.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Very Nice, I like the Electra Model too.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Phwoar ! B)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • welcome back to the JJ club. Since Santa dropped one down my chimney last Christmas I am the proud owner of a 2003 JJ Retro ...
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    TTony said:
    I'm a fan of these Jewels.  Got one myself (also a twin P90 model) and it's one of my "not for sale" guitars.

Excellent NGD.
    Thanks @TTony. I intend for this to be a "not for sale" guitar too - the neck is outstanding! Besides, I've made the mistake of selling two before. Shame on me, I guess.

DavidRees said:
    welcome back to the JJ club. Since Santa dropped one down my chimney last Christmas I am the proud owner of a 2003 JJ Retro ...
    Very nice. Care to show us a pic or two? I reckon a JJ Retro is next on the list for me - P90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Seriously, used JJs are incredible value, excellent quality and give PRSs a run for their money. Couldn't be happier with mine.
  • I bought this from beed84 last year and took it up to Jeff at JJ Guitars to upgrade the pickup, electronics, etc. While there he:

Supplied and fitted a new set of Amalfitano P90 pickups, rewired, replaced volume & tone controls with CTS 550K pots, fitted Jensen Tone capacitor.

Supplied and fitted TonePros locking bridge studs (nickel)

Then completed a full guitar set-up: nut re-cut and shaped, with all required adjustments made to complete set-up and intonation.

Basically, I was so impressed with Jeff and his work, I’ve just bought a new one, so am putting this one up for sale. I've set a price of £750, although it actually cost me quite a bit more to buy & for the upgrades.

I haven't added any new pictures, as it looks exactly the same  as it did before.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    @JamesDad - you'll need to start your own thread for this - in the Classifieds section.

GLWTS
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry Tony. Will do.