Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amazon Prime - any good?

What's Hot
I'm so Rock 'n' Roll that I'm asking this because it's the best way to get Listerine Cool Mint mouthwash at a sensible price!

But is all the other stuff worthwhile? TV, movies, free delivery, Kindle stuff?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    We order a couple of things a week, so free shipping is definitely worth it.
    The TV app stuff is icing on the cake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, Im a huge fan of Amazon.

As Octatonic said above, the TV stuff is now staring to get good.
  • Seems that the Listerine isn't free delivery. It's part of Amazon Pantry, which is pants! Actually, it's pretty decent really. Order up to 20kg or 110 litres of stuff for £2.99 delivery. After that it's 99p for additional delivery boxes the same size.

I need to find a load of cleaning products etc. to make that really worthwhile. But it's a good idea.
    Seems that the Listerine isn't free delivery. It's part of Amazon Pantry, which is pants! Actually, it's pretty decent really. Order up to 20kg or 110 litres of stuff for £2.99 delivery. After that it's 99p for additional delivery boxes the same size.

I need to find a load of cleaning products etc. to make that really worthwhile. But it's a good idea.
    That is weird- there are very few things that are not free delivery under Prime.
    Give me a link and I will see if I can find it for you with free delivery.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Yep, the TV stuff is getting better and better. Handy for the odd order here and there and I use the music a lot. It's not Spotify, but for something that's been added to something I was already paying for it's bloody great.
    My V key is broken
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    No, because they don't pay their taxes.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Seems that the Listerine isn't free delivery. It's part of Amazon Pantry, which is pants! Actually, it's pretty decent really. Order up to 20kg or 110 litres of stuff for £2.99 delivery. After that it's 99p for additional delivery boxes the same size.

That is weird- there are very few things that are not free delivery under Prime.
    Give me a link and I will see if I can find it for you with free delivery.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Listerine-64145-Mouthwash-Coolmint-1l/dp/B013XBMAKK/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474319629&sr=8-4&keywords=listerine+cool+mint
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    We use Amazon a lot, the free delivery thing means Prime virtually pays for itself. It's great when you need something urgently next day as a lot of things (not all though) are free next day delivery. Their prices are pretty competitive too, currently we can get our dog's food £6 a bag cheaper than anywhere else. The tv is decent enough: Vikings, Black Sails and Preacher are all good viewing and there's lots of other stuff we haven't looked at yet. You also get free streamed music. 
  • If you can find a .ac.uk email address then you can get 6 months free Amazon prime then up to 3 years at ~£39 quid a year (half price)

Recently told my mum this, who is a teacher so has a staff email that ends in ac.uk and Amazon refunded the full 80 quid even though she was about 5 months into her year of prime
    And then she was given a 6 month free trial starting from then, at the end of which she would get 3 years at £39.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mkjackary said:
    If you can find a .ac.uk email address then you can get 6 months free Amazon prime then up to 3 years at ~£39 quid a year (half price)

Recently told my mum this, who is a teacher so has a staff email that ends in ac.uk and Amazon refunded the full 80 quid even though she was about 5 months into her year of prime
    And then she was given a 6 month free trial starting from then, at the end of which she would get 3 years at £39.
    Nice one- I still have a .ac address from when I was at university.
    I'll get on the case tomorrow.
  • Not used much of the TV stuff or anything but my macbook pro hard drive cable broke and I ordered a new one at around 4pm and it arrived the next day at 11am, very impressed!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    holnrew said:
    Yep, the TV stuff is getting better and better. eat.
    The films are still pretty iffy though.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    No, because they don't pay their taxes.
    This is true, and makes me uncomfortable. I am boycotting Starbucks though ! :s
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Oh and Prime Now can be pretty handy. I've used it to get food and things when I'm sick.
    My V key is broken
  • My oldest son pays for Prime and orders odds and ends and we get the TV. Some good stuff on there but loads of old twaddle too, but then the same for Netflix.
    I've been watching YouTube videos about people who live full time in motorhomes/RVs ( really, I have.. )and one of them was raving about having Prime. Watch the TV when they are somewhere with decent wi fi and get stuff delivered to where they are staying (as long as someone will let them use their address) easier than getting to the shops. Don't know if @roundthebend is thinking of living life on the road though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Good prices on Strings and fast delivery too - it really does pay for itself if you use it - I really like the TV shows they do too - plenty good series. 
  • octatonic said:
    Mkjackary said:
    If you can find a .ac.uk email address then you can get 6 months free Amazon prime then up to 3 years at ~£39 quid a year (half price)

Nice one- I still have a .ac address from when I was at university.
    I'll get on the case tomorrow.
    They will ask when your course starts and ends and what it is, just put other-other for the course subject and as late as you can put it for the end date to get the most out of it
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • I've got it and it's alright. Not watched anything except the X Files and the office though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    edited September 2016
    Have a months free trial as ordered a delay pedal on there for free next day delivery which arrived 5 days later. Watching Preacher though which is ace. Have to pay extra for the Archer series' though so it's not all golden
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22881
    I can't/don't take advantage of the TV stuff so all I get is the fast delivery, which isn't hugely quicker than the old free delivery - I tend to order stuff late at night so in effect I get it two days later rather than next day.  It's alright though.