SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Closoed - £350 budget for a second guitar - now needed to repair my MAC

What's Hot
Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 981
edited September 2016 in Guitars £

I have a £350 budget to buy a guitar to back up my tele - nothing metal or pointy. No SG's or hollow body guitars. I like retro/classic or unusual guitars.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Sheraton would be a good backup and available at your preferred price.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Retro and unusual, I've got an Eastwood Roy Smeck II. Looks exactly like this one:

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Fernandes Ravelle deluxe in wine red?
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 761
    edited September 2016
    If you could stretch to £400 I have a nice US Tele. It has been modded but all the work is professionally done. It is routed HSH and currently sports a pair of Kent Armstrong humbucker sized P90's with a SD SSL5 in the middle. It is a sunburst 1997 California Series Tele, rosewood board, with a gig bag. I can get pictures at the weekend if you are interested?

I also have a Squier Classic Vibe 62 (edge bound model, rosewood board), available for £250. It's one of the limited run models - white with matching headstock, black binding around the body, gig bag. Again I can sort pictures at the weekend if you are interested?
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    edited September 2016
    Probably of little interest, but I'm looking to move on my early 90s Jap Squier Strat in fiesta red. Would have a fair amount of change left over too. (Collection only from north Wiltshire though)
  • Where are you based?
    I'm probably going to move on my Ozark resonator, I'm looking for £300ish- things don't get much cooler or more retro than this (although it is technically hollow):

I'm in Edinburgh, which seems to be a long way from most people on here.
  • Chalky said:
    Retro and unusual, I've got an Eastwood Roy Smeck II. Looks exactly like this one:

That looks fantastic. Its hollow body but without f holes..... and that is unusual.....I have never seen pickups like that either.... its says they're single coil..... but don't look it..... I think I'd pass - only because its seems like it has a slightly 'jazzier' sound than I'd typically use.... but thank you
  • If you could stretch to £400 I have a nice US Tele. It has been modded but all the work is professionally done. It is routed HSH and currently sports a pair of Kent Armstrong humbucker sized P90's with a SD SSL5 in the middle. It is a sunburst 1997 California Series Tele, rosewood board, with a gig bag. I can get pictures at the weekend if you are interested?

I also have a Squier Classic Vibe 62 (edge bound model, rosewood board), available for £250. It's one of the limited run models - white with matching headstock, black binding around the body, gig bag. Again I can sort pictures at the weekend if you are interested?

The classic vibe is a strat? If its a tele I'd love to see a picture.....
  • @Placidcasual79 , the Squier CV is an edge bound Tele. White alder body with black binding front and back, black pickguard, rosewood  fretboard, front of headstock also painted white. It was a limited run a few years ago. I can't do pics until tomorrow evening but I'll send you some then. Mine has compensated saddles and has picked up a couple of very minor marks, but overall it's very good condition, and has a deluxe Fender gig bag too.

For now, have a look at this - it's the same model: 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCVCOWT
  • @Placidcasual79 , the Squier CV is an edge bound Tele. White alder body with black binding front and back, black pickguard, rosewood  fretboard, front of headstock also painted white. It was a limited run a few years ago. I can't do pics until tomorrow evening but I'll send you some then. Mine has compensated saddles and has picked up a couple of very minor marks, but overall it's very good condition, and has a deluxe Fender gig bag too.

For now, have a look at this - it's the same model: 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCVCOWT

Thanks Casper - that's right up my street that mate. I play in a Ska band. We do the (very trite) black and white two tone dress up thing so that'd fit right in.... I didn't see these when they came out - but I've had classic vibes before and think they're excellent value....
  • Would a Japanese Pawn shop 51 in black/maple be of interest?

Previously known as stevebrum
  • Gibson Juniors go for just-over budget on Gumtree. Used Gordon-Smiths are within budget. VM Squiers and Yamaha Pacifica can be within budget if you want new. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited September 2016
    Nothing says "ska" like a flying V! 

Boom!

Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
    edited September 2016

I could be tempted to let my Jooky 'Spindrifting One' strat go for £299 if you're interested?

More info and pics here: http://jookyguitaremporium.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/for-sale-spindrifting-one.html ;

Technical Stuff:

Electrics: Mojo Pickups Wound Jooky Gimp Pickups – Set GI#1 (CTS pots, Oak Grigsby Switch, PIO Caps)

Construction: Swamp Ash body, Maple/Rosewood neck

Strings:     D’Addario EXP 10s

Controls: Volume, 2 x Tone, 5-way-switch

• @Placidcasual79 I've PM'd you  :)
  • Iamnobody said:
    Would a Japanese Pawn shop 51 in black/maple be of interest?

That's an interesting guitar. Can you tell me a bit about it please?
  • Gibson Juniors go for just-over budget on Gumtree. Used Gordon-Smiths are within budget. VM Squiers and Yamaha Pacifica can be within budget if you want new. 

Thanks - I realise a junior might be a bit ambitious - I was hoping one of those double cut 2015's might be within my reach - think they were £550 new. Youknow the ones with that tuning system.....
  • Nothing says "ska" like a flying V! 

Boom!

Lol - your right. I think the specials may have made more records if they'd have used these. Plus nothing says subtle like banana yellow.

It is actually a really nice guitar... just not for me thanks

• That must have been the camera, it's "vintage clear" but the grain of the korina isn't really showing. I had the same guitar years ago, just after they changed woods from mahogany to korina, unfortunately without changing colour formulas. I basically had an orange guitar. This is far more subtle, believe it or not!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I've got an agile les Paul style in the classifieds for £280... Would give you some change for a pickup swap if you wanted...