SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Closoed - £350 budget for a second guitar - now needed to repair my MAC

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @Placidcasual79 I've sent you some pictures of my white Squier Classic Vibe Custom 60's Tele - just ask if you want any more. Now here's a picture from my imgur account - I hope this works!

http://i.imgur.com/gWZR8sm.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Placidcasual79 I've sent you some pictures of my white Squier Classic Vibe Custom 60's Tele - just ask if you want any more. Now here's a picture from my imgur account - I hope this works!

Thanks - I've got the pictures.... it looks in fine condition. The marks aren't an issue for me and neither is collection near Bury. I know its a difficult and subjective question but what is the neck profile like? Is there a lot of lacquer? 
  • @Placidcasual79 ; being very subjective the profile is basically Fenders modern 'C' though it's a little bit rounder and not as thin as some I have played (including my sunburst CV Tele, which feels a little thinner and flatter). It is also quite similar to a Mexican Cabronita neck if you've played one of those at all? Also, it's a 9.5" radius fretboard and a more modern fret gauge (medium jumbo?), so none of those skinny vintage frets which I personally can't stand  ;)

As for lacquer, well it is certainly very glossy, so I assume there must be a reasonable amount of lacquer on the neck - it's definitely not a thin satin type finish. But the lacquer also doesn't look like it's glooped on. Kind of difficult to say more than that - I guess if you've seen another Squier CV Tele then you'll know what to expect as my two are similar in terms of the lacquer.
  • @Placidcasual79 ; being very subjective the profile is basically Fenders modern 'C' though it's a little bit rounder and not as thin as some I have played (including my sunburst CV Tele, which feels a little thinner and flatter). It is also quite similar to a Mexican Cabronita neck if you've played one of those at all? Also, it's a 9.5" radius fretboard and a more modern fret gauge (medium jumbo?), so none of those skinny vintage frets which I personally can't stand  ;)

As for lacquer, well it is certainly very glossy, so I assume there must be a reasonable amount of lacquer on the neck - it's definitely not a thin satin type finish. But the lacquer also doesn't look like it's glooped on. Kind of difficult to say more than that - I guess if you've seen another Squier CV Tele then you'll know what to expect as my two are similar in terms of the lacquer.
    Ok - thanks Casper. Appreciate your help. I am very interested. I don't know if you have any other potential buyers. But I have one other enquiry in regarding another guitar and once that's concluded I'll make a decision.... hopefully its still there. Again, O appreciate you answering my questions + the pics.
  • Iamnobody said:
    Would a Japanese Pawn shop 51 in black/maple be of interest?

That's an interesting guitar. Can you tell me a bit about it please?
    Sorry didn't spot this reply before or the message on my profile page. You don't get notifications for those I don't think? Best bet is to PM me if you want to chat further.

What can I tell you - it's in ace condition, barely played and has plastic on the guard still. Google has the specs I can't remember but it's a Tele neck on a strat body with a single coil neck and bridge bucker. 

Sod's laws - It's been for sale for ages and now I have three people interested with one confirmation that he can come on 8th of next month and collect.

cheers 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2402
    is a classic vibe 50s strat in sunburst too far from what you're looking for?  
    1new small ding in the back, otherwise unmarked, with hardcase £250 delivered. 
  • I've just found out my son has spilt juice on my MAC and it wont turn on...... so I guess that my second guitar budget is going to be needed elsewhere!!!!

Thanks to @CasperCaster  and @Iamnobody