Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So what YouTube channels do you watch besides guitars (and kittens)?

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
In the last few years I've started watching more and more YouTube channels.
Besides kids screaming at eachother on call of duty, I think you can find some interesting channels. 

I've always had an interest in cars, I'm not a boyracer or a petrolhead. I spent over a decade working in the automotive industry. But I physically cannot stand top gear and all that twatting around. Not saying I yearn for the days of Chris goffey and a sensible rover 200.
 I randomly stumbled across this channel - regularcarreviews 

I believe the guy behind it is an English major. And whilst some of the videos get a bit bizarre. I find his no bullshit approach refreshing.

The other channel is quintessentially English inmho. It's looking at old technology, seeing how it works and what was once considered cutting edge. I remember getting sucked into the minidisc craze. I like this channel because its a bit techy-Techmoan

And yes I must get out more.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I am currently watching computer build channels as I'm considering building my own (i am astonished at how much sheer power a 1300 quid pc can net you... If you can build it). 
  • I either depress and amaze myself at how stupid people are - flat earth, 911, Mandela effect, or watch random sporting miracles. 
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I'm currently watching the daily Devin Townsend tour diaries and I also check out a channel on The Division(Video Game)
    My current favourite is Wylochs channel on making D&D Tiles and terrain!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Didn't we do this recently?
    Bigclivedotcom
    aVe  (gentlemen welcome back to the wifes sewing room, focus you fak!)
    Various Russian home made vehicles and such.
    Some preppers doing gardening etc.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Jays Custom Creations

man he builds cool stuff
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I am currently watching computer build channels as I'm considering building my own (i am astonished at how much sheer power a 1300 quid pc can net you... If you can build it). 
    It's really easy overclockers have step by step guides for noobs on their forum.  
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    Vice channel is worth a watch, have some neutral journalism on some of the documentaries they have made.

Was interesting watching the shit going off in Crimea and Ukraine and seeing it being reported from both sides from the Vice channel.
  • rjthesmoker.  I don't know how I came across his channel because I don't smoke and he does a lot of cigarette reviews.  Unfortunately last year he was diagnosed with lung cancer and he would do updates on his condition.  It's sad seeing a man who is dying and trying to enjoy the last precious time he has left.  He has been travelling a lot and visiting friends from other Youtube smoking channels.  People send him cigarettes and he would smoke them and review them.  He may as well continue to enjoy himself while he has the chance, eh? 

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774

rjthesmoker.  I don't know how I came across his channel because I don't smoke and he does a lot of cigarette reviews.  Unfortunately last year he was diagnosed with lung cancer and he would do updates on his condition.  It's sad seeing a man who is dying and trying to enjoy the last precious time he has left.  He has been travelling a lot and visiting friends from other Youtube smoking channels.  People send him cigarettes and he would smoke them and review them.  He may as well continue to enjoy himself while he has the chance, eh? 

A pretty ironic (inevitable) end for a YouTuber that does that, that's really sad though.

I smoke (only when drinking these days, and drinking less than twice a week these days too!) myself so know the denial we all go through as smokers.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• lloyd said:

rjthesmoker.  I don't know how I came across his channel because I don't smoke and he does a lot of cigarette reviews.  Unfortunately last year he was diagnosed with lung cancer and he would do updates on his condition.  It's sad seeing a man who is dying and trying to enjoy the last precious time he has left.  He has been travelling a lot and visiting friends from other Youtube smoking channels.  People send him cigarettes and he would smoke them and review them.  He may as well continue to enjoy himself while he has the chance, eh? 

A pretty ironic (inevitable) end for a YouTuber that does that, that's really sad though.

I smoke (only when drinking these days, and drinking less than twice a week these days too!) myself so know the denial we all go through as smokers.
    Yeah, I feel for the guy.  If you look at his videos from a year ago, and then his current videos you can see how much weight he's lost and then he talks about how he can hardly walk.  He would film some of these videos while smoking.  
  • Just found this psycho

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just found this psycho

That is nuts!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm really into rumours about Star Wars and I'm subscribed to 'Star Wars Theorys'

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Any of you guys watch your man Colin Furze?  He's a nutjob.  
    Any of you guys watch your man Colin Furze?  He's a nutjob.  
    As plumbers go he gets about a bit - and at speed. iirc he's a neighbour of our own @digitalscream or at least the same region.

Do you recon he has an over active thyroid gland, he's always on the bloody go.

Worth watching every now and again just for the amusment value.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    edited September 2016
    Mr Sark is the funniest guy on the web as far as i'm concerned .. absolute comic genius and has been for some time

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlonde said:
    As plumbers go he gets about a bit - and at speed. iirc he's a neighbour of our own @digitalscream or at least the same region.

I used to be in a band with him. 
    Hes a legend. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Spectre Sound Studios
    Motor Trend Channel - Roadkill, Hot Rod Garage and Engine Masters (and Roadkill Extra if they put it on)

and the "guitar" ones, Anderton Music Co and Rob Chapman; just getting into "That Pedal Show" now.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ESBlonde said:

I used to be in a band with him. 
    Hes a legend. 
    Nice one, did he organise all the gigs etc. I can't imagine him sitting still for long.

• I occasionally have a look at The Thunderbolts Project.  It's has an electric universe slant on cosmology, rather than gravity/dark matter/dark energy view of modern scientific view. 

That an Beautuful Girl by Dana.  Fukushima updates.  Shame they're a bit long and shouty. 

M.