Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PPI let down

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28283

as i said before, by that logic every business should behave exactly as it wants and exploit whenever it can because if it cant everyone else would have to share the cost.. maybe thats easier to follow?
    No, that's a logical fallacy. Well, more accurately, there are a few logical fallacies there.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

as i said before, by that logic every business should behave exactly as it wants and exploit whenever it can because if it cant everyone else would have to share the cost.. maybe thats easier to follow?
    No, that's a logical fallacy. Well, more accurately, there are a few logical fallacies there.
    ok, i dont think i can convince you but one last thing. If a company, small business or a sole businessman was trading and immorally selling things that peolple didnt need or want but because it was a monopoly they had no choice. Then was discovered and told to reimburse the people from its trading records. Do you not think it should do this, and not rely on people having to make claims, and then be fobbed off?   persistance pays off and i still urge people to claim what they can, make the banks work it out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They weren't selling a useless product - many people DID claim.

And because of that, and the fact it wasn't mis-sold to everyone who took it, means they'd be mental to just send a cheque to every single idiot who ticked a box without reading the T&Cs.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Not everybody will read T&C for every credit card or loan application. People who have been turned down will agree to anything if they think they will get loan/credit in th end.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

ok, i dont think i can convince you but one last thing. If a company, small business or a sole businessman was trading and immorally selling things that peolple didnt need or want but because it was a monopoly they had no choice. Then was discovered and told to reimburse the people from its trading records. Do you not think it should do this, and not rely on people having to make claims, and then be fobbed off?   persistance pays off and i still urge people to claim what they can, make the banks work it out
    I think we've just established you don't know what a monopoly is.
  • Not everybody will read T&C for every credit card or loan application. People who have been turned down will agree to anything if they think they will get loan/credit in th end.
    I get that, but at the same time it's that attitude that's exactly why they should be turned down... No-one reads the tricking iTunes/Amazon/eBay/etc T&Cs, obviously, but not reading them for financial products is mental.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Giving everyone a refund makes no sense. What about all the people who purchased the policy because they wanted it, and they're still using it now? When a policy is confirmed as missold it needs to be cancelled before it can be refunded, and I wouldn't want that.

The majority of policies are very good value for money if you claim, and it's possible to get far more out of it than you would be refunded in premiums and interest.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28283

ok, i dont think i can convince you
    Not without a much more coherent argument, certainly.

I am fully in favour of compensation for anyone who was miss-sold PPI.

I do not think it's OK for people to whom it was not miss-sold to put in speculative claims. I resent the greedy little scroungers who have no valid claim, but are still going to have a go. They are stealing from everyone else, and that is not OK morally or legally. Pretty simple.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2016
    Is this still about PPI, or has it been merged with the People Arguing In An Empty Room thread?
  • It's gone round in circles, people just repeating themselves adding nothing but trying to put others down. I'm off to band rehearsal, may check in the morning to see if anything new has been added. Until then I wish you all peace.