Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bonamassa Tweed Sig?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Seriously, why does he get so many endorsements?  

It's the only way he can fund his huge vintage gear collection and those shiny suits ain't gonna buy themselves.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Why do people have an issue with the number of endorsements he has?

Genuine question!

i cant fathom why someone having many endorsements bothers people to the point they have to comment on it.
    I guess this is a guitar forum and people are just discussing and commenting on their hobby.  I would say that doesn't mean people have an issue, unless Joe Bonamassa having endorsements has some kind of impact on their personal lives.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:

It's the only way he can fund his huge vintage gear collection and those shiny suits ain't gonna buy themselves.
    Sassafras said:

I think playing over 100 huge concerts per year and having your last two albums in the top 20 of the US Billboard chart has more to do with it.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    I hate seeing coffee stains on amps. It looks rubbish and everyone knows if you have paid enough money for an amp with one, you'd never really rest a coffee on it. 
    Yeah, you thought he'd have a Signature Coaster or Beer mat or something.. :)
    What, like these? https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/collectibles-coaster-magnets. Your whole life could be sponsored by his stuff.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

If they sell - then why not?

He's not exactly doing anything wrong or hurting anyone. So many people these days have to build a brand (not something I agree with but hey that's the modern world). Lifestyle products are a big part of brands.

It's no different to a Fender bar stool or T-shirt in my eyes and nobody bats an eyelid at those.

Selling albums alone doesn't make the money it used to so he's looked at what else he can do to earn enough for his lifestyle and future/retirement.

As long as he's not endorsing anything that could be deemed offensive or immoral then good on him.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Expect to see much more of this.

Since record sales have bombed in the past 10 years, the only way many bands survive now are concert tickets and merchandise. JB is just getting in ahead of the game.

Trust me, a Rob Champman T-Towel is but months away...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    miserneil said:

Yes, everyone will complain that it irritates and but it sucks up well.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tone1 said:
    I hate seeing coffee stains on amps. It looks rubbish and everyone knows if you have paid enough money for an amp with one, you'd never really rest a coffee on it. 
    Yeah, you thought he'd have a Signature Coaster or Beer mat or something.. :)
    What, like these? https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/collectibles-coaster-magnets. Your whole life could be sponsored by his stuff.

Crikey, that site's a bit of an eye opener.
  • miserneil said:

So that's where his hair went... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Joe is running his career as a business, he probably knows his time at the top is limited.
    The industry has changed and he doesn't have a record company to do the promotion.
    The Hamsters had a similar business model just not at the same scale.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Joe is running his career as a business, he probably knows his time at the top is limited.
    The industry has changed and he doesn't have a record company to do the promotion.

Exactly that ^^. I wouldn't buy his tat either but he is using the same 'model' BB King did, you just see it more now cos of the interweb bobbins. I remember seeing BB thirty years ago in Paris and you could buy an inflatable BB...

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    i doubt there are hardly any of us who have the occasion to regularly play one of these at the sort of volume they *need*
    I do unmiked gigs with a 4x6L6 100w halfstack with the volume on about six most weeks. Your guitar volume doesn't need to be on 10 all of the time.

A tweed twin would sound glorious in my band.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Joe is running his career as a business, he probably knows his time at the top is limited.

Agreed.  I was in hospital 4 years ago and someone brought me a copy of Classic Rock magazine which had an interview with JB in it.  He was very upfront about how he ( and Kevin Shirley iirc) was treating his career as a business, the suit and shades thing was a deliberate plan to stand out amongst other modern blues guys. As was the regularity of album releases and collaborations.

JookyChap said:

Exactly that ^^. I wouldn't buy his tat either but he is using the same 'model' BB King did, you just see it more now cos of the interweb bobbins. I remember seeing BB thirty years ago in Paris and you could buy an inflatable BB...

I hope you're not suggesting a Joe Bonamassa inflatable sex doll. That would just be tacky.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673

I hope you're not suggesting a Joe Bonamassa inflatable sex doll. That would just be tacky.
    Not if you talcum powder on it.........
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Ossyrocks said:

Haha!! Genuine lol 
  • Ossyrocks said:

Wis'd from experience.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2016
    mattdavis said:
    So his sig les paul, into his sig cable, into his sig amp, using his sig plectrum, his sig slide, sig overdrice, sig fuzz and sig wah.
    For sig's sake...

You forgot his sig plexi amp screen......I'm not joking either......

https://www.thomann.de/gb/clearsonic_jb4.htm?ref=search_rslt_bonamassa_277100_7

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2016
    gubble said:

Selling albums alone doesn't make the money it used to so he's looked at what else he can do to earn enough for his lifestyle and future/retirement.

I think your right given the whole streaming mentality, Artists make sweet FA in record sales anymore, Merchandise is where its always been at since Elvis and the Beatles. I guess people just get fed up seeing it all due the prevailing nature of social media and the internet.

I like JB as a player and keeping the whole Blues Rock thing going. I'm no fan boy and would prefer his playing to his singing! There are better all rounders out there like David Grissom, Simon Mcbride and Davey Knowles.....But JoBo has got to fund his GAS somehow........

• rlwrlw Frets: 4698
    JB endorses things which is to say that they meet his requirements and standards but he isn't tied to using them exclusively.  Nice little earner.
    i don't see a lot of difference between that and F1 drivers' suits.  
    Do we really think that JButton really pops down to his local Santander to use the cash machine or get a loan to buy his next Honda Civic.  Of course not but adding his brand to that of Santander gives it more cred.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom