On the occasion of my 2000 post...a HUGE thanks to the people who run this place

What's Hot
vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
On the landmark of my 2000th post, I would just like to say an HUGE thanks to the mods and admins who have contributed their time, money and (probably) blood sweat and tears to building this place into what it has become.

It's more than just a guitar forum. It's the guitarist's equivalent of the working man's club where like-minded (almost exclusively) blokes can natter about what interests them. I've made friends with people I'll probably never meet face to face. I've MET people I would probably never have crossed paths with. I've seem amazing acts of charity, emotional support for people going through rough patches. I've watched tantrums, flounces, seen prodigal sons return and welcomed back into the fold. I've done deals for kit I've been lusting after, I've traded away items I've never used to someone who would appreciate it more than me. Almost every piece of kit I have in my current rig has arrived with me because of interactions with and recommendations from members.

And it's all for free, apart from a couple of T-shirts, some calendars and mugs. That's truly astonishing.

Thanks to @TTony @digitalscream @monquixote @Emp_Fab @Jalapeno and any other admins and mods whom I might have forgotten and who make this one of the best places on the Internet to hang out. Here's to another 2000 posts. Thanks guys

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom

Comments