Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Funny Spelling Mistakes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• We did a practical joke where we set a colleagues autocorrect to change the word "the" to "tits" automatically every time it was typed. 
    Cue some amusing reports & brilliant emails to (a mutual friend in) computer support before it was figured out. Thankfully everyone thought it was funny afterwards. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    Did a similar autocorrect jape to someone's PC where "the" was changed to" teh". Came back into the office to see tech support were reinstalling windows as they couldn't work out why it was doing that. Naturally I kept quiet.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a spelling mistake, but an unintended conjoining of words:

There is a website for Q&A about computing / programming called Experts Exchange.  Looking at their URL, you might be forgiven for thinking they offer a very different service...

In a similar vein, I once heard about a company selling writing implements, called Pen Island.  That one seems so obvious that I assume it's apocryphal.  I'm not going to visit the site to check though - particularly as I'm typing this on my work computer.

Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a spelling mistake, but an unintended conjoining of words:

There is a website for Q&A about computing / programming called Experts Exchange.  Looking at their URL, you might be forgiven for thinking they offer a very different service...

In a similar vein, I once heard about a company selling writing implements, called Pen Island.  That one seems so obvious that I assume it's apocryphal.  I'm not going to visit the site to check though - particularly as I'm typing this on my work computer.

Didn't Susan Boyle announce an album party via Twitter with an unfortunate hashtag?
    http://wakondamarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Susan-Boyle-Twitter-fail.jpg ;
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A few months ago I was on a website for a restaurant and they were offering "free wife". True story, I should have bookmarked it for future laughs such as this, but didnt.  It is out there though.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloyd said:
    My mates Uncle is called Clifford Owen Jones, when signing into a hotel in Mexico the receptionist starts laughing at his name, he signs it C O Jones (cojones) which is mildly amusing if you're a Spanish speaker.
    Imagine, for example, if your surname was...oh let's pluck a name out of thin air...."Ennis".

Why, surely your grandparents wouldn't have given TWO of their sons christian names that began with "P", right......?

It's funny cause it's true...

One of my wife's friends is Debbie Ennis, so Dennis which is kinda funny. Although not as funny as, err,that thing you said.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • lloyd said:
    My mates Uncle is called Clifford Owen Jones, when signing into a hotel in Mexico the receptionist starts laughing at his name, he signs it C O Jones (cojones) which is mildly amusing if you're a Spanish speaker.
    Imagine, for example, if your surname was...oh let's pluck a name out of thin air...."Ennis".

Why, surely your grandparents wouldn't have given TWO of their sons christian names that began with "P", right......?

It's funny cause it's true...

One of my wife's friends is Debbie Ennis, so Dennis which is kinda funny. Although not as funny as, err,that thing you said.
    Well, as "luck" would have it, our work email addresses are on a "first initial then surname" basis. Lost count of the amount of times some c*nt has called me Dennis......

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    boogieman said:
    Not a spelling mistake per se, but I find the auto correct on my phone throws up some classics from time to time. 
    Before I met my wife I was seeing someone called Denise Horne. When I put her name into my contacts my phone changed it to "Dense Horny". I know they're smartphones, but I never realised they were that smart. 
    In a previous job I had to occasionally email a lady called Judith Attubarto which autocorrect always used to change to Judith Attitude. To paraphrase @boogieman, I never realised computers were that clever.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684

Not a spelling mistake, but an unintended conjoining of words:

Just checked this out. There really is a website for Penisland.net - among other things they apparently manufacture pens with wooden bodies. The blurb for that section begins, 'Some of our skilled craftsman (sic) have been handling wood for over 25 years'. Brilliant.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • After a bit more googling (at home), I give you

www.therapistfinder.com
    That's right - facilitating the location of therapists.

www.whorepresents.com
    Seriously, *how* do you buy a domain name like that without noticing ... ?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Dopesick said:
    horse said:
    Ever signed off an email with 'Retards' instead of 'Regards'? Easy slip to make
    Haha yes! I've done that. At work as well...happily the recipient saw the funny side. Well, they had no choice because I was laughing for about ten minutes afterwards.

Somehow even funnier when you put 'Kind Retards'.
    I think I must have done it myself once to have noticed it, but don't think I sent it. I like the idea of ending a ranting email with a straight 'retards', although admit not very pc...

When working for Nottingham City council years ago, writing an email to a colleague in Nottinghamshire County Council I did typo Nottinghamshire as Nottinghamshite - just one key away again
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6137
    I was in Lichfield  yesterday and noticed a Barber's shop called Dam Fine Barbers. 
    I wonder where the 'n' went?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Best spelling mistake from a customer emailing me saying they were looking for a business whorehouse instead of warehouse.