Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oasis Documentary

What's Hot

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    They wrote some decent songs and can be very amusing. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Reverend said:

Could you write my epitaph? ;)

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I lived over Arnos Grove about 13 years back and , apparently, Liam nipped into one of the 24 hours shops, for cigs and booze IIRC.

Liam was pretty well behaved, offering a £50 and telling the dude serving to keep the change, which was about half. On his way out he grabbed a bunch of bananas, only to be jumped on by another shop dude, who hadn't seen the exchange at the till. He didn't kick off though.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

lloyd said:
    Reverend said:

He posted on a guitar forum.  

And Had a fondness for iced gems. 
    Reverend said:
    lloyd said:
    Reverend said:

He posted on a guitar forum.  

And Had a fondness for iced gems. 
    I think it's overdone, but captures my greatest achievement. Much appreciated.

• I am going to see it. Oasis' first album is classic and their last two were pretty good imo......

I'd take the Gallagher brothers over any of the PR trained careerist monkeys you see knocking about today....

I also like that when they made it they took it for all it was worth - it seemed like a victory for you mates

• Great era. I remember learning 4 chords in the key of G buying a capo and thinking shit I can play Oasis songs. 20 years later, cos of this, I play 3 hours a day and am half decent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Brilliant band captured a moment in the 90s saw em at various gigs small and large priceless memories.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    one for Sky Arts I think.

The video on youtube of Noel going through every Oasis video is very funny.

Liked and sill like Definitely Maybe, it is brilliant, but that's if for me really. Saw them at Glastonbury in 1995, and they were total rubbish. As opposed to Pulp, who brought the place down.
  • Love them or hate them I do think they were an important band and opened the door for so many guitar bands and indie bands in the 90's and even still nowadays with the likes of ed sheeran and coldplay. Before Oasis came along indie bands rarely charted. People were listening to really naff and depressing crap like cotton eyed joe, m-people, the shamen, 2 unlimited, will smith, shabba ranks, etc.
    Love them or hate them I do think they were an important band and opened the door for so many guitar bands and indie bands in the 90's and even still nowadays with the likes of ed sheeran and coldplay. Before Oasis came along indie bands rarely charted. People were listening to really naff and depressing crap like cotton eyed joe, m-people, the shamen, 2 unlimited, will smith, shabba ranks, etc.
    I disagree.

If anything Oasis et al were part of the whole movement away from alternative and indie culture. throughout the 80s indie bands regularly charted and were given decent coverage. Oasis were the death knell of indie. 
    With music TV, we went from The Tube and Snub TV to Jools and TFI Friday. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    People were listening to really naff and depressing crap like cotton eyed joe, m-people, the shamen, 2 unlimited, will smith, shabba ranks, etc.
    Cotton-eyed Joe really naff? How dare you sir, how very dare you.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12359
    They were lucky in that they were pretty much one of the last bands that actually sold records, 60 million iirc no band starting today could dream if such success.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Love them or hate them I do think they were an important band and opened the door for so many guitar bands and indie bands in the 90's and even still nowadays with the likes of ed sheeran and coldplay. Before Oasis came along indie bands rarely charted. People were listening to really naff and depressing crap like cotton eyed joe, m-people, the shamen, 2 unlimited, will smith, shabba ranks, etc.
    http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19910303/7501/

Indie bands weren't anonymous. But those old charts were great. Warrant, Jive Bunny, and Janes Addiction all getting radioplay on after the other this week with Megadeth to come. Radio 1 must have been a blast that week.

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19910317/7501/

Loving the diversity of that chart. 

• Apart from a couple of songs by and large i cant stand them.
    Comes as no surprise theyre doing this seeing as theres a bit of hype about the recent beatles documentary live film.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    I thought the b sides were great. Largely because liam the monkey boy wasn't singing them.
  • I used to dig them at the time. More than pulp or blur. But as the years go by I think Oasis' catalogue hasn't aged well whereas I still enjoy listening to blur now and then. I don't think much britpop stuff will really stand the test of time.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    My friend's wife has known Liam for years. My mate has got know Liam quite well too. Liam babysits (lol) for them. 

I've always thought he comes across like a right prick, but apparently he's a nice bloke, once you get to know him. I guess it's just that most don't get the chance. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I'm a huge Oasis fan, more so of Noel than Liam. I think what some people fail to recognise is that Liam was (I think) 16/17 when Oasis originally exploded. What teenager wouldnt have been majorly effected by that huge and fast success, money, fame and drugs - that must have had some pretty huge psycological impacts. 

But yeah, he does seem to be going over and above recently in terms of being a knob! 

How very rock and roll

I'm a huge Oasis fan, more so of Noel than Liam. I think what some people fail to recognise is that Liam was (I think) 16/17 when Oasis originally exploded. What teenager wouldnt have been majorly effected by that huge and fast success, money, fame and drugs - that must have had some pretty huge psycological impacts. 

But yeah, he does seem to be going over and above recently in terms of being a knob! 

Born in 1972 so 21+ but it would affect anyone of any age in fairness.