Headstock Branding

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11692
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    I remember some years ago someone couldn't sell a decent neck because he'd 'branded' it with a cat logo or something.
    Sounds like the problem I have....

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2381
    I'll drop you an email :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16894
    edited October 2016
    I have had head plates laser etched before installation.  The other method was to make logo discs which could be screwed/glued in place.... or even inlayed after drilling the headstock with the correct sized Forstner drill bit
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    edited October 2016
    Where does a chap get laser etched disc made @WezV are they frighteningly expensive? Did you do your own artwork?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

I had a load made by Parable guitars because Doug was playing around with his techniques and offering them cheap.  It was quite a few years back and a good deal.. but anywhere with a laser cutter could do similar 

there we have a load of pearloid discs, 3 paduak discs with the logo cut deep, one mahogany with the lasered outline.  then the shaped truss rod covers including the sample as the bottom.  The Dean one is wood.  The fretboard is rosewood inlay in maple.

over the other side we have some really thin pearl and abalone ones (you cant cut thick pearl with a laser) and some metal foil stickers.

Doug did them all from a jpeg of the logo

and here is a guitar i built with a mate when just starting out years ago.  He had access to a laser cutter and had the headplate etched

I don't think I have a better close-up than this

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10991
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    I have had head plates laser etched before installation.  The other method was to make logo discs which could be screwed/glued in place.... or even inlayed after drilling the headstock with the correct sized Forstner drill bit
    These are easy for us to do if anyone wants them
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

Good to know.  I was considering how nice a forbon cut out version could be
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1802
    If you wanted something metal you could easily do a chemically etched disk or metal work.

although as said there are a lot of people with lasers who will do cost effective work. For me it's harder to get an amazing design than actually get the work cut :-)