SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Twin Amp AVAILABLE SOON

What's Hot
aaron76aaron76 Frets: 15
edited October 2016 in Amps £
Pretty good condition with dust cover (a bit nackered) and wheels. I'll post pictures later but I'm after £650 ONO. 

Things in after to baragain with
Strymon mobius and timeline 
Source audio refelex
Blackstar Artisan 30

(Currently getting a service, please see my comment) 

Cheers
Aaron
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

?
    I can't  be sure, obvs, but I would guess MBB is breaking rule no. 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• aaron76aaron76 Frets: 15
    I'm a bit confused too

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72347
    edited October 2016
    This is meant to be a help, not a dig - I think he means that the price is too high.

These amps don't normally sell for more than about £400 to £450 privately. A shop might price one as high as £599 if in perfect condition and most likely only the black-knob version - which is identical to the red-knob one electrically but doesn't have quite the same (slightly unfair) negative reputation. They are not bad amps, although there are some known reliability issues which can be fixed and/or upgraded.

I know I'm breaking one of the forum rules here too, so I apologise…

(Edit: the above applies to a 'The Twin' which was the original listing title and we now know it isn't.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

No Worries ICBM, I will get pics up later today, and check the model accordingly I'm going off what I saw the exact model go for on eBay £650+ postage and has been listed on gumtree for. I'm pretty certain this isn't the same as the red knob twin, this was the Rivera designed one. 
    aaron76 said:

No Worries ICBM, I will get pics up later today, and check the model accordingly I'm going off what I saw the exact model go for on eBay £650+ postage and has been listed on gumtree for. I'm pretty certain this isn't the same as the red knob twin, this was the Rivera designed one. 
    Ah! Does it have two illuminated rocker switches (red and orange) or three black ones? If it has the two coloured ones it's a Twin Reverb II, not a "The Twin'. There are some rare Twin IIs with two toggle switches as well.

Unfortunately there is a common myth that 'The Twin' was designed by Rivera too, and also that the red-knob one is the 'Evil Twin'… it's all a bit confusing. Only the Twin Reverb II has anything to do with Rivera.

I would be very surprised to see a 'The Twin' sell for £650, but I suppose you never know!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Doesn't sound like any of the above... here's the only photo I have atm. Any help with identification is welcome (aka, cheers for your time ICBM)

http://m.imgur.com/EAYVXWg
  • That's a Twin Amp not the twin.

The twin amps are worth about £300 or less.

Yours is possibly an "evil twin" but I believe the light is red on those (easily changed of course)
    The serial number will be inside the chassis on one of the sides I think. That will tell you what it is
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I don't belive so, it's a blue and purple light. I will look later, I still belive the asking price and offers around that are a fair deal but i will revise this post later. I'm not looking to rip anyone off, just want a fair deal for this great amp. Certainly not a £300 amp this, full spring reverb 2x12 well looked after and has the classic twin tone (exceeds the reissues) AND the overdrive as a bonus
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30921
    I actaully love these amps- however, my chiroprator is less keen on them.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

That's an Evil Twin :). Yes, I know it doesn't say so anywhere on the amp… that doesn't help with the confusion over them!

The official name is '1994 Twin Amp'. Made from 1994 to about 1999 I think - and nothing to do with Rivera.

It's also in my opinion the very best-sounding modern Fender amp, especially the 'pushed' (yellow) mode on the first channel which is amazing. It is very heavy partly because of the huge vented-magnet blue-label speakers, which are also the best speakers ever used in a modern Fender amp, but if you want that kind of power and authority it goes with the territory.

If I didn't own my Mesa Trem-o-verb one of these would be on the short list of valve amps I really like.

£650 is about the right price too, they sell for that or a little more in shops.

No problem about helping, although I actually clicked on the thread by accident and sadly I'm not in the market for an amp like this now :(.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers guys, thank you for your help! And Gassage I have a moving trolly I can include in the deal... maybe that will help ;)
  • ICBM said:
    That's an Evil Twin :). Yes, I know it doesn't say so anywhere on the amp… that doesn't help with the confusion over them!

The official name is '1994 Twin Amp'. Made from 1994 to about 1999 I think - and nothing to do with Rivera.

It's also in my opinion the very best-sounding modern Fender amp, especially the 'pushed' (yellow) mode on the first channel which is amazing. It is very heavy partly because of the huge vented-magnet blue-label speakers, which are also the best speakers ever used in a modern Fender amp, but if you want that kind of power and authority it goes with the territory.

If I didn't own my Mesa Trem-o-verb one of these would be on the short list of valve amps I really like.

£650 is about the right price too, they sell for that or a little more in shops.

No problem about helping, although I actually clicked on the thread by accident and sadly I'm not in the market for an amp like this now :(.

I would say more in the £450 - £500 range in a private sale. I sold mine for that last year.
    That's not really for you to say buzzbox, especially considering that condition and many other factors come into play. If that's what you choose to sell yours for great, but no need to put "hahaha" on someone else's post without asking the correct questions and then still breaking forum rules.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1443
    aaron76 said:
    That's not really for you to say buzzbox, especially considering that condition and many other factors come into play. If that's what you choose to sell yours for great, but no need to put "hahaha" on someone else's post without asking the correct questions and then still breaking forum rules.

Have a wisdom for that. Excellent amps these, good luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Looks a nice amp and I'd say the price is fair - people can always make an offer.    

Lots of the comments in this ad would be better made via pm rather than spoiling the ad.    Love my twin - great amps - glwts.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited October 2016
    ^ wis to that. Good luck with the sale @aaron76

BTW Aaron, given that this weighs as much as a JCB, it might be handy to tell people where it is (geographically, like). I'd love one but it is so much overkill for me. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ICBM said:

I would say more in the £450 - £500 range in a private sale. I sold mine for that last year.
    ....to me!
  • aaron76 said:

geezer, you haven't even listed your amp with the right information, you clearly couldn't be arsed to even make half an effort with the ad and where are your pictures? It took me looking at an abysmal shot of your amp to identify it.

You have no idea what condition my amp was in (totally mint as it happens) then couple in that I have actually sold said amp and I have dealt with a lot of twin amplifiers.

So I think I can say more than you thus far

GLWTS and all that jazz
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom