The Fall BBC2

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2616
    Loved series 1, had my doubts about series 2 - Gillian Anderson totally overdoes the sultry Stella Gibson role. Thought the first episode of series 3 was poor with some awful clichéd scenes, but... episode 2 was more interesting with wee Katie out on the loose, and a twist to Spector's condition arising...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12436
    dindude said:
    boogieman said:
    dindude said:

the whispered monotone of "can you go to my hotel room and get me a change of clothes and tidy up my papers" followed by a shot of the sergeant going to said hotel room and getting clothes and tidying papers.
    I thought that was a set up for the sergeant finding something odd in Gibson's room tbh. 
    And did they find anything odd? I must have nodded off!
    Errr, no. Well not that I noticed, but I think it'll come up later. I can't see any reason for including the scene otherwise. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Just watched episode 3. A bit better, but it is so protracted. They have cocked up.

I hope its gearing up for him to break out, menace his nurse (who's so obviously like all his other victims) and get out on the run again.

Has Gillian Anderson got a bad throat or something? What's with the constant whispering? I don't think sh'es attractive at all tbh, starting to get annoying.

Sad to say but its all a bit shit really.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm actually really enjoying it.
  • Snap said:
    Just watched episode 3. A bit better, but it is so protracted. They have cocked up.

I hope its gearing up for him to break out, menace his nurse (who's so obviously like all his other victims) and get out on the run again.

Has Gillian Anderson got a bad throat or something? What's with the constant whispering? I don't think sh'es attractive at all tbh, starting to get annoying.

It is very slow moving, and I agree Andersons voice is annoying, a bit Gail from coronation street in places. Maybe Im wrong but the way I enterpreted the last episode was that his nurse was falling in love with him, and due to her religous nature believes he is a reformed character after "seeing the light", more likely to side with him and help him escape than be a victim. although that might come later.  
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1967
    Anderson is very wooden. I also don't want to see another scene where she is sporting the "satin dressing gown".

I enjoyed the 1st episode of The Missing,can't remember what night its on - Weds?
    Snap said:

It is very slow moving, and I agree Andersons voice is annoying, a bit Gail from coronation street in places. Maybe Im wrong but the way I enterpreted the last episode was that his nurse was falling in love with him, and due to her religous nature believes he is a reformed character after "seeing the light", more likely to side with him and help him escape than be a victim. although that might come later.  
    I think you are right there. But, she is very similar in appearance to all his other victims - slim, black hair etc. She might well get him out, but I reckon he will get her.  He's the best thing in it really - brilliant actor.

All through it so far, I'm just going "come on, get this thing going, move it on"

Ever4ything that's happened so far could have been done in one episode, easily. Sad to say but I can't see it getting renewed, too far gone. If the writers think its OK in terms of pacing so far, then I can't seeing it being ramped up much. It was startgin to get drawn out in the last series, on reflection.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Series 4 already written but no more after that  according to that interview with the writer.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    see, just like I said, lmao!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Ooh. Well, took some getting there but the pace certainly picked up in the end. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    Snap said:

Has Gillian Anderson got a bad throat or something? What's with the constant whispering?
    It's not just her though. it seems they have made a production decision to have quite a few cast members speaking very quietly,  even in meetings where one would expect projected voices. I'm finding it very annoying  in the way I found Witless Silence series annoying. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm still enjoying it!