The Fall BBC2

What's Hot
SnapSnap Frets: 6266
who's watching and what do you think?

I thought S1 was brilliant, S2 good, but this one, S3 is just so dull.

First episode was like an episode of Casualty, really felt like they were draggin it out.
Second episode was really boring until maybe the last 20 minutes, less.

Just get the feeling that the writers have really struggled, seems like theres very little going on. ALl the police procedural stuff is cripplingly boring, and inconsequential.

I hope it gets better, or what has been one of the best things on TV for ages is in danger of fizzing out into to a very dull arduous and inevitable last outing.

Anyone think its been any better than I do?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• But...Gillian Anderson!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 501
    I like it. The first episode was bit slow but I`m hopeful it will pick up.

All the characters named after guitar makers is cool too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    DamianP said:
    That's exceptionally well observed........have a Wiz

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28348
    Ahhhh, not a Mark E Smith thread ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I liked season 1 but lost interest after season 2. 

I met Jamie in a sandwich place in Belfast when he was filming season two.  He ordered a chicken and turkey roll and was buying a can of diet coke and normal coke. 

• The guitars thing checks out for every character. Well spotted. I had to google gibson but it is indeed a guitar company. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I've watched series 1 and 2 over the last couple of weeks, yet to start 3. Bits of 1were amazingly slow, if it's any slower than that I might struggle.

DamianP said:
    I like it. The first episode was bit slow but I`m hopeful it will pick up.

Completely passed me by, although it was Operation Musician.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7617
    Some nice nods too : "Charles Chandler (1 episode, 2013)"

And Brawley is quite an obscure one - whoever is coming up with them knows his onions. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Starting on S3. Now I know the guitar thing it's very distracting: Tyler, Anderson, Burns, Stagg, I had to look up O'Donnell ( guitars)but they exist, Gibson, Morton ( guitars) I had to look up but they exist, etc etc. Over 60 guitar related names in the series says Alan Cubbitt the writer,and keen guitarist, according to the Radio Times.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    Starting on S3. Now I know the guitar thing it's very distracting: Tyler, Anderson, Burns, Stagg, I had to look up O'Donnell ( guitars)but they exist, Gibson, Morton ( guitars) I had to look up but they exist, etc etc. Over 60 guitar related names in the series says Alan Cubbitt the writer,and keen guitarist, according to the Radio Times.

That guitar fact is sooo much more interesting than S3 epipisode 1 - fuck me that was hard going.

Please tell me it gets better..................

• The guitars thing checks out for every character. Well spotted. I had to google gibson but it is indeed a guitar company. 

The people being named after guitar thing actually distracts me from enjoying it properly. 
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2813
    Yes - I'm ambivalent about knowing the guitar thing now, it's going to be a big distraction.

Really got into S1.  I thought S2 wasn't nearly so good.  I'm quite enjoying S3 - I don't mind the slow build - anything can happen......and as mentioned there's always Gillian Andersen.
  • Despite living in Northern Ireland and it containing the shagtastic Gillian Anderson, I have no over seen it
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    thebreeze said:
    Yes - I'm ambivalent about knowing the guitar thing now, it's going to be a big distraction.

Really got into S1.  I thought S2 wasn't nearly so good.  I'm quite enjoying S3 - I don't mind the slow build - anything can happen......and as mentioned there's always Gillian Andersen.
    S3 is definitely a slow burner. I'll stick with it but it's getting a tad boring. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    hang-in there - you know they are going to fuck each other don't you??!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have to admit I`m struggling.  It really is very very slow, plus why is it all so dark?  Searching the garage by the light of a Tilley lamp!  
    I reckon if it was an episode of "Suspects" it would have been about 5 mins long.

Anyway, the Danny Ferrington ref is cool.

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Gillian did some filming outside our office for S2 - our place came to a temporary standstill lol.

S3 would need to pick the pace up quickly - agree it's been a tad tedious..
    Seemed like a good idea.....

57Deluxe said:
    hang-in there - you know they are going to fuck each other don't you??!

There's quicker ways of getting that fix if you so desire and without having to sit through the whispered monotone of "can you go to my hotel room and get me a change of clothes and tidy up my papers" followed by a shot of the sergeant going to said hotel room and getting clothes and tidying papers.

Episode 1 (as far as I've got) really does make The Pat and Doug show look like a James Bond film!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    dindude said:

the whispered monotone of "can you go to my hotel room and get me a change of clothes and tidy up my papers" followed by a shot of the sergeant going to said hotel room and getting clothes and tidying papers.
    I thought that was a set up for the sergeant finding something odd in Gibson's room tbh. 
    boogieman said:
    dindude said:

the whispered monotone of "can you go to my hotel room and get me a change of clothes and tidy up my papers" followed by a shot of the sergeant going to said hotel room and getting clothes and tidying papers.
    I thought that was a set up for the sergeant finding something odd in Gibson's room tbh. 
    And did they find anything odd? I must have nodded off!