Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Latest That Pedal Show on octave pedals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I've got to admit the last 3 or 4 videos have been substandard.
    I kinda agree, the last 3 or 4 haven't interetsed me much, some of it is the subject matter, some of it they don't seem particularly as enthused as normal.

The begging needs to stop too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    This video underlines why Guitar & Bass Magazine's new videos are so much better.
    Waffle, arsing about, opinion peddled as fact, begging, badly rehearsed 'gags' and just generally BORING. 

That Pedal Show is awful. End of.
    These must be Guitar and Bass videos I've never seen, the ones I've seen are bland ' better not offend anyone' middle of the road adverts.
    id rather hear someone's opinion (even if it doesn't match my own) than yet another guitar mag vid about how stunning the latest bit of gear is.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • For me 'That Pedal Show' is my most eagerly awaited upload of the week. Always puts a smile on my face!
    I love the warm interaction between them, the slight laddish humour etc prevents it being overly nerdy. Where else can you watch our favourite hobby by well experienced players who are openly gear heads!
    Hope to see many more & good luck to them!
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I'd love to know the (personal) budget for all the pedals. I'm not sure if they borrow pedals, or already own them (I think in the past they bought or owned the pedals they featured, but more recently they borrow or otherwise get freebies?) but no sensible man has >1 octave pedals, delay pedals, etc (I can kinda understand having more than one overdrive/distortion). I know its not a serious "review" show but it would be useful if the 'amazing' sound they achieve is also helped by an amazing price tag, or whether stuff I can afford, could work out.

Also I know it was Youtube channel "Daniel TheGigRig" before they changed/added "That Pedal Show" channel, but I've been unable to find the first edition that featured Mick or introduced him?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24658
    paul_c2 said:
    I'd love to know the (personal) budget for all the pedals. I'm not sure if they borrow pedals, or already own them (I think in the past they bought or owned the pedals they featured, but more recently they borrow or otherwise get freebies?) but no sensible man has >1 octave pedals, delay pedals, etc (I can kinda understand having more than one overdrive/distortion). I know its not a serious "review" show but it would be useful if the 'amazing' sound they achieve is also helped by an amazing price tag, or whether stuff I can afford, could work out.

Also I know it was Youtube channel "Daniel TheGigRig" before they changed/added "That Pedal Show" channel, but I've been unable to find the first edition that featured Mick or introduced him?
    What about 9 envelope filters?

Asking for a friend.
  • I've got 2 octave pedals and want at least 2 more.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12961
    edited October 2016
    TPS is good when they're being informative---like the EQ one where they let you hear what the EQ can do before/after other pedals etc. That's useful. 

When they're just doing glorified demos like this one its really boring IMO. "So this one has 6 sliders, now here's what each one does..."  is fairly dull.  
  • paul_c2 said:

Just 1 delay pedal? You haven't been round here for long have you?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They probably are getting pedals on loan from Andertons as they name-check them at the start of the video
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    At least a couple of them they said were borrowed from Andertons ( very clearly the Quint, although that was the one they didn't like).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • paul_c2 said:
    but no sensible man has >1 octave pedals
    Yes I do 

paul_c2 said:
    delay pedals
    Yep, those too. 

Three reverbs as well, while I'm at it. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    paul_c2 said:
    but no sensible man has >1 octave pedals
    Yes I do 

Me too.
    I have 3 of the exact same pedal (Ibanez OT10 in the video on p1).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pitch Fork and Whammy for me. H9 too if I'm being pedantic. Oh, and Boss PS-3. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4612
    edited October 2016
    My board is not really that big (12 pedals) (wish it was bigger) and have 2 delays but only one octave - boss oc 3
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Pitch Fork and Whammy for me. H9 too if I'm being pedantic. Oh, and Boss PS-3. 
    Nice.
    I've collected quite a few now.

3x Ibanez OT10 
    Foxrox Octron
    Whammy IV, V (had a 1, sold it to Justin Sandercoe)
    Boss OC2 (meh)
    POG 2, Micro Pog, HOG (the Hog is really a synth- it is awesome but it is finicky to use and takes up masses amount of pedalboard space with the foot switch)
    I've had a few other things over the years as well- the PS3, Pitchfork, various octavia type circuits.

The irony being they pretty much all sit in the cupboard these days and I use the FX8 or Axe FX 2.
    For snarly tone the OT10 is the best of all of them, but the FX8 is too convenient not to use and gets 90% of the way there tonally.
  • Sassafras said:
    I've tried to like octave pedals, I just can't get them to sound good.
    FWIW I've preferred octave down pedals but not by much. They sound horrendously artificial and clangy.
    Of course, that could be down to my playing.
    Analogue and digital octavers are two completely different beasts.

IMO, as with many things guitar related, analogue sounds better by a country mile, although digital is capable of doing more stuff- particularly polyphony.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.